BB set Race Face Evolve
Wheels Crossmax XL
Tires Hutch. Bulldog 2.3
Brakes Hayes Carbon
Stem Race Face Deus
Handlebar Race Face Deus XC lowrise
Seatpost Race Face Deus XC 30.9mm
Saddle WTB Rocket V stealth

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, i'm undecided between the Reign and the Trance... I got a VT with 5in of travel... What am i looking for... Something more FR oriented then the VT or more XC oriented? Am i looking to buy a BLUR frame next (trance) or an Intense 5.5 (Reign)... I don't know!

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
I see by the seatpost size you listed Giant finally got rid of the stupid seatpost shim!!!
I wonder if the trance frame will be any beefier than an NRS frame?? My NRS currently has 4.5in travel in the rear and 100mm (Float 100rlc) in the front, so I don't think it would be much of an upgrade to go w/ the trance. The reign on the other hand, I'll have to check out, I like the looks of that Nixon.
btw- why do you spell "fork" "fourche" - I'm assuming that is French?

·
I live to bike
2,423 Posts
Sweet!

BigJay said:
Reign 1

PRICE: (CAN$4219)
Frame: Allux 6in travel
Fourche: Manitou NiXon 145mm w/ IT
Shock: Manitou Swinger 3-way
Headset: FSA
Fr Der XT
R Der XT
Crankset: RaceFace DEUS
Shift Levers XT
Rear Cogs SRAM PG970 11-34T
Chain HG73
BB set Race Face Evolve
Wheels Crossmax XL
Tires Hutch. Bulldog 2.3
Brakes Hayes Carbon
Stem Race Face Deus
Handlebar Race Face Deus XC lowrise
Seatpost Race Face Deus XC 30.9mm
Saddle WTB Rocket V stealth
Anyone got a towel? I need help wiping up my drool! :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
BikeSATORI said:
I see by the seatpost size you listed Giant finally got rid of the stupid seatpost shim!!!
I wonder if the trance frame will be any beefier than an NRS frame?? My NRS currently has 4.5in travel in the rear and 100mm (Float 100rlc) in the front, so I don't think it would be much of an upgrade to go w/ the trance. The reign on the other hand, I'll have to check out, I like the looks of that Nixon.
The upgrade will be in the ride, I own a NRS Air now and have road the Trance, they do ride very different. The NRS is a pure XC racing bike and the Trance is more of a longer epic type. I actually prefered the Trance to my NRS Air. You will have to get on one and ride it to see for yourself. I also own a VT 1 and cannot wait to ride a Reign, if it rides as good as the Trance I will be gettting rid of my VT for one. I also put up specs for the Trance 2,3 and 4 and the Reign 2 and 3 in the 2005 Giant post if you want to see the differences between the models.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
yeah, I'm sure they will ride quite different, but I have my 03NRSair setup just right w/ the sgf rockers, fox fork, risers, bluegroove2.35, Hope MonoMini's, xt760 cranks, etc. I think it is a pretty good trail bike for now. ;) We'll see if I can resist the drool factor once these models hit the showroom floor. :p

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BikeSATORI said:
Yes it is french, it was first posted on a french board... I didn't bother changing anything except Prix for Price... Didn't look much into it!

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
BigJay said:
Yes it is french, it was first posted on a french board... I didn't bother changing anything except Prix for Price... Didn't look much into it!
Noone forget that the French specs could be different then the US specs.

-TS

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
jsut wondering, but I thought "prix" was "prize"??? Or the MotoGP racing is "Motorcycle Grand Price" racing?? And all those people driving around in Pontiac grand price's? Must be interchangeable?

looking at the specs, I would believe that is very realistic for U.S. components- comparable w/ 04- lots o raceface, wtb saddle as usual, crossmax w/ the hutch, etc.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
BigJay said:
Canadian and US specs will be the same
since when? why? how do you know that?

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
BikeSATORI said:
what, who gets better parts??? give me an example from last year where a certain oem component was better than another? :confused:
take the 2004 Rainiers.

Canadian:
rd: LX
fork: judy sl
rims: Mavic X-139 Disc
cockpit: giant

American:
rd:sram x7
Fork: exr comp
rims: sun rhyno lite.
cockpit; Easton EA 50

i think the 04 american model Rainier may be better

however this is just one example. it varries from year to year. i am not sure you can say the american bikes are always better. in 03 the canadian rainier had a zoke, and the american had an axel...

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Any insight for the AC's price??? If the Warps are gone now... which bikes will fit the low end of FS's??

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Warp2003 said:
Any insight for the AC's price??? If the Warps are gone now... which bikes will fit the low end of FS's??
from the 2005 giants thread

The AC is gone and they've use the frame to replace the warp series. The AC will have a Manitou Splice fork with 6 in mechanical discs and strong components including Kenda Navegal 2.3 tires for around CAN$1200!!!!!!! Great ride for the money

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rkj__ said:
from the 2005 giants thread

The AC is gone and they've use the frame to replace the warp series. The AC will have a Manitou Splice fork with 6 in mechanical discs and strong components including Kenda Navegal 2.3 tires for around CAN$1200!!!!!!! Great ride for the money
Thanks bro!! Short time memory here. :D

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
goneskiian said:
Velonews review of Maestro and the Trance:

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/7065.0.html

This is sounding better all the time! Now if I could only track down some geometry specs so I can decide what size I want. ;)

-Ian
Thanks for the link.... Awesome achievement... but we should not forget the Velo guys are mainly roadies and the new Giants should still pass the test of fire of guys from Dirtrag, MBA and Jm and other foum's members.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts