Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased Superfly XL 2013 2nd hand bike and I see that in certain angles (especially with sunlight) there are strange inner yellow lines and marks including one long yellow stripe on my upper bar right on the middle dividing the bar into two. I wanted to make sure this is normal and not some kind of carbon damage or wearout.

Attached a photo where you can slightly the those signs (it is really depending on the angle). There are also some coating peeled off areas but I assume this is no harm. I used some nail polisher to cover them.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
5,718 Posts
if carbon and clear coat yeah most frames look like anomalies. actual cracks are a different thing,... but if not cracked and you are peering through clearcoat, carbon layup can look oddball. check this dudes site and videos if you wanna learn what really goes on with carbon layups and how to know what a real problem might look like

he is a top-dog aerospace composite material master, and cuts frames in half and inspects them

Reactions: LI2301

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
you can always do the tap test to see if there are any dead spots.

also it's not a bad idea to pull the fork and inspect the steerer tube as well as the head tube area of the frame (if the headset cups rest directly on the frame; IS style)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts