Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunter Allen's book- Training with Power has a 12 week training plan in the appendix. I think it is similar to that which he sells on www.trainingpeaks.com. I have a Saris/Cycle-Ops Electronic trainer and am following this plan. I've been a Morris disciple for the past 2-3 years but am trying something different. Is anyone else following this plan? or the web derived plan?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've got a powermeter, and I've read Allen's book. I'm using his Training zones, and some of the specific workouts, but not the whole plan.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I tried to follow it

It's an ambitious plan. It's also pretty specific for "Joe Racer" and addresses his target competitions and weaknesses. I felt I shared "Joe's" weaknesses and had similar target races, so I gave it a shot. I think Joe was younger than I was. You really have to pay close attention to recovery. I beleive the plan also requires a background of training at those intensities.
It's a good introduction to the types of workouts available to work on different systems. It includes a lot of variety and progresses in a systematic way. Again pay close attention to recovery!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.