Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's opinion on this? I've got a headcold and I'm wondering if I should try to push myself or just take it easy until i recuperate. I was thinking that training with a cold could just prolong the cold with no added fitness. Thoughts?

·
Registered
159 Posts
It seems to me as though just sitting it out until you feel better would be the best course of action. However I recently read in a pamphlet at the doctors office that LIGHT excercise can help you get back to feeling better faster. So I dont think that you could really get any "training" in, but you could certainly go on an easy ride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
above the neck rule

I like to use the above the neck rule. I what feels bad is above the neck then I will keep riding. If it is below the neck I take time to let it get better.
I had a chest cold hang on for 2 weeks to the point that I needed to take anitbiotics to get rid of it. Since then I take time off to get better.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.