Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather has been horrible to ride lately, but I would like to get in some off season training. Does anyone use rollers to help with mountain biking? The benefits seems to be more geared towards road biking, but I'm sure it has some benefits.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
I prefer rollers to the trainer , I use my road bike on them but if you put slick commuter style tires on the mtb it works well . You can also stuff a folded towel under the roller to increase the resistance .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is a good idea. I was thinking of making one and that might save me some money :). Do you guys think its good practice for mountain biking with the balance etc.?

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
trainers and rollers are about as much fun as watching paint dry
what about xc skiing or snow shoeing? or studded tires or a fat bike? anything is better

where do you live in Mass.? Im in NH and I rode Thursday and Friday, also heard the Cape is pretty snow free

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dan0 said:
trainers and rollers are about as much fun as watching paint dry
what about xc skiing or snow shoeing? or studded tires or a fat bike? anything is better

where do you live in Mass.? Im in NH and I rode Thursday and Friday, also heard the Cape is pretty snow free
Ya, MA. We keep getting hit with snow and the temperatures have been in the low teens a lot of days. I'm not sure I would be up for riding in that.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
john777 said:
Ya, MA. We keep getting hit with snow and the temperatures have been in the low teens a lot of days. I'm not sure I would be up for riding in that.
a couple of layers, once youre moving you dont need much, very similar to xc skiing for attire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts