Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a heart rate monitor and am getting serious with my training, I want to start racing state xc.
What stuff should I keep a record of???
For the record i'm 16 years old.
Thanks, Rhys

·
Registered
59 Posts
Many things

I think it would be advantageous to get used to taking a resting HR in the morning, as you have woken up. But what does your HRM record? Measure as much as you can, and record it. Over time, you may starts to see patterns that will give you an idea of how much rest you need after a harder training block, or it may help predict when you're getting overly tired etc.

I would suggest finding a good book about training.

Smiker

·
one less car
122 Posts
Joe Friel's Mountain Bike Training Bible

Smiker said:
I think it would be advantageous to get used to taking a resting HR in the morning, as you have woken up. But what does your HRM record? Measure as much as you can, and record it. Over time, you may starts to see patterns that will give you an idea of how much rest you need after a harder training block, or it may help predict when you're getting overly tired etc.

I would suggest finding a good book about training.

Smiker

It's an easy read and explains step-by-step how to go about planning a season. You'll see this book mentioned all over these boards, sometimes with hatred, but mostly with respect.

Good luck. If you read Friel and follow his advice, you will kick a$$!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Training Bible & www.trainingpeaks.com

whittij said:

It's an easy read and explains step-by-step how to go about planning a season. You'll see this book mentioned all over these boards, sometimes with hatred, but mostly with respect.

Good luck. If you read Friel and follow his advice, you will kick a$$!
I like Freil's book a lot too . One of the easier plans to follow and adapt to age, style etc.

I like to use www.trainingpeaks.com to for my training log. I just use the free stuff. You can chart you hours, progress and types of training.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.