Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, planning on doing lots of Endurance races this season, so I have to start training a bit more.

My plan is to do long slow training rides (on the roadbike) at the weekend and then do a couple of 2 hour road rides midweek concentrating on hills and speed. Also one Mountain bike ride a week too. Oh and one rock climbing session a week too, to help with strength.

My racing will be on a singlespeed by the way, if that makes a difference. And I plan to keep a training diary.

That sound OK? Any hints or tips?

·
Andre
2 Posts
Structured training

Depending on your goals, you may want to follow a more structure program including a proper base, then a build / specialization phase followed by a peak / taper. (over 16 weeks or so)

Just riding far on weekends, and occasionally in the week will help for a bit. but you will soon reach the maximum level for that type of training.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My slow training rides are in between 5-6 hours once a month until spring then twice a month. But for now lots of specialization and then going to taper 10 days before my first event at old pueblo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.