Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AK kid who LOVES bikes!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I might be getting a bike with Biopace as a beater collage bike, but it has Biopace..... I know this adjusts pedal stroke, but does this also use different muscles? How would it go if I rode Biopace for a month than did a race on my round ring bike? Would it give me the same training effect, build different muscles, or cause me to lose fitness?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Woah you are overthinking things too much.

Biopace makes your power delivery more gradual than a circular chainring and its also easier on your knees. You might find you like it for such reasons, but in practical terms you can use both types interchangeably and nothing will happen to you or your bike.

I would definitely love a beater bike with biopace, I'm not certain but I believe original biopace geometry is not licensed anymore and such geometry was the best in my opinion for non round chainrings.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree with ^^.

You are over thinking this. I have a bike with an Absolute Black Oval ring and two others with round rings, the difference is almost imperceptible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I've got 'oval' rings on 2 bikes, round on the others, - I also have an old steel Spec Allez with 600/ultegra that came with BioPace that I primarily use on the trainer, but I did swap round rings onto that one that I got for super cheap at a bike swap.
With the oval ring bikes, I find I notice it for about the first few minutes, then I completely forget about it.
I think it will have very close to zero effect for you.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I really cant tell at all. Ran an oval all winter on my farley. Use to run a 34t oval on my top fuel. Run a round on my trainer. Running a 36 round on my top fuel and it felt so good. I felt so strong... i think ovals all a gimmick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.