Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mostly waterbars and cribbing on hulls gulch but we hope to do some more stuff on may 7th for tending the foothills. Let me know your thoughts thought. We had a big group so I did not see everything done and look forward to riding it...

·
Barneys Unite!
748 Posts
Sorry I could not make it.

But it sounds like you had lots of folks how up.

Is everything still set for the educational table at Camelback tomorrow? Exactly where will it be?

Thanks.

TF

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,011 Posts
Scotts Trail

A group I'm involved with adopted Scott's Trail and we got up there to do some work Tuesday night. The R2R guys had taken a Kubota up Tuesday morning, and cleared/rebuilt the water bars below the gate (towards Corrals), so we hand-cleared the bars from the gate to the road and tried to repair the ruts. I think we did a pretty good job for 5 people with hand tools. However, the Kubota did kind of chew up the trail surface in some places, so it needs to be ridden and packed down.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,011 Posts
Dirt Dart

smilycook said:
I also heard that a group worked on bobs also.
Yeah, Dirt Dart and others worked Bob's on Monday night. (Dirt Dart adopted Bob's.) I rode it yesterday and they fixed/rebuilt the first culvert so it's not as deep of a dip. I also rode Scott's yesterday and, while many of the upper turns are still off camber, the rebuilt water bars seem to have done their job - even with the rain this week, there were no new ruts. However, point of note - a couple of the waterbars have some pretty good ramp to them, so watch your speed!

Chris - One observation about your work on Hulls - Crash_burn and I agreed after riding it yesterday that you guys went a little overboard in smoothing the trail on 2 sections in particular. IMHO, that's only going to increase the speed in those sections and thus increase the potential of biker/hiker conflicts. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but just an observation after riding it yesterday.

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on the upper part?

Earthpig said:
Yeah, Dirt Dart and others worked Bob's on Monday night. (Dirt Dart adopted Bob's.) I rode it yesterday and they fixed/rebuilt the first culvert so it's not as deep of a dip. I also rode Scott's yesterday and, while many of the upper turns are still off camber, the rebuilt water bars seem to have done their job - even with the rain this week, there were no new ruts. However, point of note - a couple of the waterbars have some pretty good ramp to them, so watch your speed!

Chris - One observation about your work on Hulls - Crash_burn and I agreed after riding it yesterday that you guys went a little overboard in smoothing the trail on 2 sections in particular. IMHO, that's only going to increase the speed in those sections and thus increase the potential of biker/hiker conflicts. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but just an observation after riding it yesterday.
I think I know what you mean, I was not with those people we mostly did waterbars while the rest of the group installed some cribbing with the ridge to rivers guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.