Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tribe Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just found a batteryspace.com coupon code for 5% off.....gets the light down to 235.00 shipped to the house.

The question I have is what bulb has everyone ordered? You have the option of the 6 degree spot or the 12 degree flood? I have an older Vistalite with a 15w white bulb that I have been using

I will be using this light for commuting home and for some 24 hour races this coming year.

Thanks

Rich

The coupon code can be found here...http://www.edealinfo.com/Coupons/batteryspace.shtml

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I have one of each. I find the spot more useful. Puts more light in front of you and punches it further out (and more so than my buddies' Niterider HIDs). Still has some useable light to the sides.

The light of the flood is better than my 20w Jet halogen but not by much.

I use the flood on the bars and spot on the helmet.

·
Ex-Clydesdale
600 Posts

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Depends on how you're going to use the light. Shiggy's flood on the bars and spot on the helmet sounds like an idea setup. However like Dwayne, I'm using the flood on the helmet by itself. Works great for relatively technical East coast singletrack where about 10 yds is all you need. Out West though, as the speeds pick up, I can see how more light farther down the trail would be better. If I ever get around to finishing my Luxeon bar light, I might try out the spot again.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have the Spot, It has enough spill to the sides that I don't miss things, I also find that the spot pointed further down the trail helps with the usual helmet-light "flattening" issue for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.