Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've seen a lot of discussion about trailtech lights on the board, I thought there may be some interest in a helmet mount I worked out for a friend a while back.

It's an old Vistalite mount for the VL / Nightstick series of lights. I had to use a grinder to remove a little material right near the pivot point to get it to match the profile of the housing. I removed the 2 screws that attach the stock mount and used a single longer screw and a small washer to attach the Vistalite mount. I was able to get the Vistalite mounts at the following URL fairly recently, but I don't have any idea how many they have.

https://www.webersports.com/store/VistaLite-Nightstick-Helmet-Mount-P467C39.aspx

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Vistalite mount comes with velcro attached to the bottom of the mount and the mating pieces that you can stick to your helmet. It also comes with the velcro strap you can feed through the vent holes of the helmet. I assume they just want to give you multiple mounting options. I don't typically use the velcro that's sticks to the helmet, but I leave the side that's stuck to the bottom of the mount in places as it does seem to serve as a good pad. In the pictures, I didn't bother to remove the pieces that go on the helmet and you can see the white pieces of paper that cover up the sticky part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.