Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not as Lean, Not as mean
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a trip to Norman in the spring/early summer. I'd like to get a couple of days of riding in while there.

I'm coming from Raleigh, NC, intermediate XC rider but like to play in the tech stuff and will probably be SS'n it.

From a couple of quick searches, Greenleaf looks like a good time but it's a little far. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Clearbay is just east of Norman at lake thunderbird. Pretty good trail system, but tends to get a little sandy.

Nudraper and Bluff Creek in Oklahoma City. I have never ridden Draper, but Bluff Creek is fun, although short, only about 4.5 miles. Fast with lots of creek bed drop ins

If you want to drive to Tulsa, there is Turkey Mountain (which many consider the best mountain biking in OK) Most of the guys that post here are in or around Tulsa, so you will probably get info that is biased toward this part of the state. There is also Keystone, which is fun, but can get really technical (rocky)

Stillwater has Lake McMurtry which is 4 seperate loops, each about 7 miles.

For more info, go to www.okearthbike.com. There are maps of most of the trail systems, and descriptions. Obviously there are more than I just mentioned.

Hope this helps. Semper Fi. :thumbsup:

·
Not as Lean, Not as mean
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, SoDak.

Tulsa is a bit far and I avoid going near the City whenever possible, so I guess I'm gonna be at Dirtybird.

·
boomer
888 Posts
If you're one-gearin' it I highly recommend NuDraper; it's somewhat boring on my 5&5 bike but on my hardtail SS it's a blast. Also within an hour of Norman (home of OU) is Lake McMurtry in Stillwater (home of OSU). These trails are a little more technical and a little more demanding on a SS.

I've ridden Greenleaf and it's my recommendation for the best trail in the state; however I've never been there on my SS and probably won't. There are sections of it that are very demanding and I think it'd be 50/50 for me on the ride/push scale. But I'm a big ol' boy and I'm guessing your in the armed services by looking at your avitar so it may be easy for you!

·
Not as Lean, Not as mean
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, sounds like I'll def. have to check out check out Nu draper, since I won't have to pack extra hardware to get there safely.

okie_calvin said:
Also within an hour of Norman (home of OU) is Lake McMurtry in Stillwater (home of OSU). These trails are a little more technical and a little more demanding on a SS.
I'll have to pass on the trails near Cow Tech, the Moo U boys might not like me sporting the Crimson and Creme. :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
Armore has a nice trail at Lake murray too. go to okearthbike.com for a complete trail listing

·
Registered
46 Posts
You might want to come down and check out Lake Murry in Ardmore. The trails have really improved here over the years. I think it would deff be worth the trip for you. PM me if you want details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.