Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not on trails, but if you want to ride urban Stanford University is the place for cement drops to flats, there are thousands there. Also some great big new dirt jumps, but you will need a local guide. I ride there all the time hit me up if you want the tour.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Sven-

**** has a ton of places that have drops/jumps. It's the best place to ride IMHO.

Cheers,

Michael

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
First thing that came to mind

Boyscout in Pacifica. I think there are these two five footers back to back. Come to think of it, there are a few at boyscout

Next I thought of is Carlmont at Waterdog. Medium size 4 foot ladder to an approx. 10 footer behind the bushes.

I also seen pic. of nice drops at UCSC

·
GASing
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not riding big drops (yet!!!), I'm really just looking for some not too gnarly drops which I can repeat many times and work on my form.

I don't remember seeing too many drops at Waterdog.

Are all the drops at boyscout big?

Maybe an urban spot is the answer, anything good in SF?

SVSocrates said:
Sven-

UCSC has a ton of places that have drops/jumps. It's the best place to ride IMHO.

Cheers,

Michael
Do you mean the actual campus, or the "Wilder Ranch" part? Those trails do get pretty droppy towards the bottom.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Drops do exist on the Bay Area. Just gotta look for them :thumbsup:

Carlmont: Several options for jumps and 3-5' drops
DeLaveaga: Some drops up top, some down by the sand quarry at the bottom, used to be decent dj (don't know if anyone is maintaining them these days)
Nisene Marks: Some nice 3-5' but you have to find them
Wilder/pogonip: yes, another have to go exploring thing
Saratoga Gap: A couple of fun 2-4' gaps, but a lot of climbing as well
Demo: Lots of stuff, all legal, just gotta find it all, everything from 2'-7' depending on how you feel

etc.....
Just have to do a bit of homework and shake a few hands to find the options :p

·
Medium?
6,732 Posts
funkle said:
Maybe an urban spot is the answer, anything good in SF?
Follow the wharf from the bay bridge to the golden gate. There are some really cool spots. There are two great walls in Fort Mason. Lots of pedestrian traffic though.

Look carefully around Pier 39 too. There's a concrete skinny to about a 3'er that's killer.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
shanedawg said:
Dude, how many times do you have to get blasted for talking about illegal trails online? Let's not go there AGAIN.
I hope that you're kidding. I've been complaining about these types of posts for a while. My post was done simply to make a point.... and it was in response to other posts in this thread, as follows:

SVSocrates wrote:
Sven-

UCSC has a ton of places that have drops/jumps. It's the best place to ride IMHO.

Cheers,

Michael

Loll wrote:
I also seen pic. of nice drops at UCSC

dscot420 wrote:
Wilder/pogonip: yes, another have to go exploring thing

ALL of those posts, in this thread, reference illegal trails.:nono:

This whole thread should be removed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.