Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our OR vacation is only 11 days out. I've certainly done a bit of research on the trails, but
that research doesn't provide me with any clue about the current conditions of the trails.
I've also been trying to keep up with updates here on this forum. Unfortunately, most of
what I see are reports about trails that still have "issues".

We're going to be in Hood River to start and then I think we're heading to Bend. But I'm
wide open to roll to places where great trails are not still in the grasp of winter/snow/dead-fall.

Can anyone help me by posting the names of trails that you know are ready to ride --
meaning: very little, if any, snow drifts and mostly, if not totally, cleared of dead-fall? I know
that there will be parts of some trails that are still in duress, but if the majority of the trail
is ready for a great ride, that'll work. (example, McKRT)

So, if you know of some FANTASTIC trails that are ready to ROCK, please add the trail
name and its location (closest town/city name where that trail is) to this thread. Your
insight will be highly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

(crap, I wish I was there already!)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'll play!

Bend:

1) Skyliners to upper Whoops to Lower Whoops, back up Helipad, down Stormking to COD, down COD, drop into Caskade hwy, straight through roundabout to Caskade Brewery's Patio for refreshments & burgers. Requires a shuttle though to do it this way.

2) Farewell to Mrazek through Shevlin park, down Shevlin to 14th st, left on Galveston, 2 blocks to Long Board Louies, grab a cold one & a HUGE burrito on the patio. Also requires a shuttle.

3) Up Mrazek, starting at Shevlin park, down Farewell to Tumalo Creek trail, take to Skyliners trail, up Skyliners to Whoops, down Whoops to Bens, down Bens to the parking lot, out to Skyliners rd, down to Mount Washinton, left to Shevlin rd, up Shevlin rd to the parking lot....whew! No shuttle needed!

If you do need some shuttle services, I would recommend Cog Wild, have them meet you at a local watering hole, leave you car, do an epic, ride back to town & game on!!

Of course, there are only a couple options, & some of my fav's:thumbsup:

Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
8 Mile/Knebel

Snake Muesl said:
How big are the trees? Is it worth hauling my handsaw up there? With it I can cut anything up to about 8 inches. Beyond that is possible, it just becomes more of a puzzle and a lot of work.
I think using a hand saw would be one heck of a workout. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd call the ranger station and see what their plans are for clearing the trail. There was only one down tree interrupting an extended downhill so they didn't bother me too much.

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
That's Encouraging

KeithM said:
I think using a hand saw would be one heck of a workout. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd call the ranger station and see what their plans are for clearing the trail. There was only one down tree interrupting an extended downhill so they didn't bother me too much.
I'm heading south to ride this weekend anyway. Thanks for the update, I look forward to getting up there soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.