Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo! Im a local Gunnison freeride/DH biker and if i dont get on my bike soon im gonna explode... are there any trails in Delta, Grand Junction, Fruita, Loma that are dry enough to ride? If so which ones and can brother get some directions! im over winter!!!!!!

thanks in advance.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know if delta has trails, that is why i am asking. i might just bite the bullet and drive to Moab.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I haven't ridden since before Thanksgiving! Not even a road bike. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

NONE of the trails in the GJ/Fruita area are dry. Where there isn't snow, there's many inches of mud.

This "drying out" is going to take some time.......

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn! i just want to get my tires dirty.......... guess ill make the trip to Moab Next weekend. Since it is a 4 hr drive from Gunnison i dont think ill make a day of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im headed there next week to ride if no fresh snow in Telluride. Im going crazy too, want to get out there and ride. Can you give an update when you get back? Thanks!!!

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i called some LBS in Moab and they said soveriegn and slickrock are good to go.. tentative weather for next weekend is 49 on sat and 51 on sun... i am definitly making the trip.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
BSG said:
Yup another week with no real snow in the san juans.. Does anyone know if phils world is rideable?? Might have to make a trip
BSG
I haven't heard that it is, and Cortez got a lot of the snow that hit us here in Durango, so I would bet it is still snowy and muddy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
was there this weekend

Hey I wish i had seen this post earlier. Im a Gunni freerider too and went down to moab this weekend. Rode Amasa back and the rim trail. Lots of fun and hardly any snow. I'm always looking to play on the big bikes so send me a message next time youre itchin' to get out of the ice box.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
faster said:
Hey I wish i had seen this post earlier. Im a Gunni freerider too and went down to moab this weekend. Rode Amasa back and the rim trail. Lots of fun and hardly any snow. I'm always looking to play on the big bikes so send me a message next time youre itchin' to get out of the ice box.
yea i will for sure. i want to make a trip this weekend, with one of my roommates and my bro who just moved to lakewood.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I went out to Cortez yesterday and it's not ridable.

Phil's World was mostly covered with snow (with the exposed parts thawed to mud.)
We didn't even try to ride there because it was obviously too muddy.

Sand Canyon was very, very muddy. We didn't get far before we decided we were doing too much damage to the trail, and to our bikes, to continue the adventure.

We should have gone to Moab...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.