Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fight the Kakistocracy!
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Carpinteria next week and was wondering if it would be worth putting my SS on my trailer. I am bringing beach bikes, but are there any trails that would be suitable for SS and the fat lazy guy that rides it? Short stuff would be preferred due to family obligations, but I might be able to squeeze something in that would be longer.

thanks
veelz

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Romero!

Romero Canyon is close and scenic. You can see a trail review on MTBR -> So Cal -> LA Area -> Romero, although the directions are lacking a lot.

Directions: Take the 101 Freeway to the Sheffield<ST1:p</ST1:p exit in Summerland, just past the Big Yellow House Restaurant. At the end of the off-ramp make a right and proceed to East Valley Rd.</FONT> At <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:Street><st1:address style=<font color=" /><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>East Valley Rd</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black> make a left and then a quick right onto </FONT><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>Romero Cyn Rd.</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black> Stay on </FONT><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>Romero Cyn Rd</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black> until you come upon </FONT><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>Bella Vista Dr</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black>. At Bella Vista make a right and continue up approximately ¼ mile. You'll know the trailhead by the cars parked there.</FONT>

Attachments

·
Fight the Kakistocracy!
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info

pacman said:
Romero Canyon is close and scenic. You can see a trail review on MTBR -> So Cal -> LA Area -> Romero, although the directions are lacking a lot.

Directions: Take the 101 Freeway to the Sheffield<ST1:p</ST1:p exit in Summerland, just past the Big Yellow House Restaurant. At the end of the off-ramp make a right and proceed to East Valley Rd.</FONT> At <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:Street><st1:address style=<font color=" /><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>East Valley Rd</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black> make a left and then a quick right onto </FONT><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>Romero Cyn Rd.</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black> Stay on </FONT><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>Romero Cyn Rd</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black> until you come upon </FONT><st1:Street><st1:address style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: left bottom; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(res://ietag.dll/#34/#1001); BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x"><FONT color=black>Bella Vista Dr</FONT></st1:address></st1:Street><FONT color=black>. At Bella Vista make a right and continue up approximately ¼ mile. You'll know the trailhead by the cars parked there.</FONT>
Pacman-
thanks for the info, I will check out the reviews. I may or not be able to ride, the car crapped out last night (at least not in Yuma) and we'll see about even leaving on time. I will make it out there somehow. I will be staying at Carpinteria in the San Miguel campground. If you would like to stop by and say hi and grab a beer (if we have any left) look for a site that has a silver Focus hatchback and a black one as well.

thanks!
veelz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts