Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on being in the Grand Rapids MI area this Saturday 4/26 and may have a few hours to mountain bike. I've never been riding in the area, so I'd appreciate any suggestions for where to ride. The trails are still closed in Wisconsin in my area, so I'm hard up for any single track right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry, I ment "The Bob" It is downtown GR. Cool large building with restaurants and pubs. Kind of the your one stop eat and drink establishment.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Merrell is a great trail system, so is Yankee Springs and Fort Custer. Each is an easy loop (would require real work to get lost). I really enjoyed Merrell the time that I went because of all the man-made jumps etc-. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm staying in Rockford, so Merrell it is.
Don't shrug of Yankee Springs, as mentioned above. It is a great trail with some spirited downhills and a few steep uphills :D

As far as downtown Grand Rapids, if you like beer, you must go to Hopcat :thumbsup: Well over a hundred beers on tap. And the food is very good too.

About Us - Hopcat, Grand Rapids MI 616-451-HOPS

Have a great stay and ride in Michigan :cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Merrell was great! I'm able to ride tomorrow too and want something new. I'm up in Rockford. How is Luton Park?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up doing both sections of Cannonsburg. They were fun also, but I think I prefer Merrell. It's hard to beat a nice flowy trail like Merrell.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Luton is about 5 miles from Merrell... on the eastsideof Rockford. It is a loop system of 4 trails... The map at the trailhead is a little off.. Follow or hook up with a local rider. The trail has some climbing but alot of twisty TIGHT single track... Have fun

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Bob is the worst! Hopcat and Founders are hands down the best places to drink some great adult beverages. Unless you don't like beer, in that case you're probably not a mountain biker anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts