Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest beginner trials near the Encino area?

This will be my first time back on a bike after a 15 year layoff.

I use to ride a lot where I grew up (Bend, OR) where I was very familiar with the trails.

Are trials out in Los Angeles looping trials? Or do some require a car drop/shuttle?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions!

·
GONE
25,557 Posts
The trails in that area of the Santa Monica Mtns are end to end for the most part. If you haven't been on a bike for 15 years, get up onto the fire road (Dirt Mulholland) around there and have a look see. There's a few off chute trails from the fire road to check out. Go up Reseda Blvd (heading South) and park near the top. Ride up to the fire road from there and turn left (East). Where you go from there is up to you. Just return from where you came in at the top of Reseda Blvd. :)

·
Nothing to see here
892 Posts
I echo Hawg's comments. I "started" mountain biking at the top of Reseda 20 years ago and have never stopped.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
There are a number of people here who would gladly show you around, myself included. Bonus if you show one of us around Bend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kragu - thanks and I'll probably take you up on that in the future. I need to get some legs under me before I do so!

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Up Reseda will be your closest trail head. From there you can take Caballero to Sullivan or the Nike middle base. I you go all the way up there is Marvin Braude park. From there you can ride up to the Hub. There is the Eagle Rock loop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Wendy
I took my dogs hiking on dirt mulholland Sunday and was amazed how many trials were out there. I live close by too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts