Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be spending a couple days in Encinitas, any suggestions for rides/trails in the area? I ride mostly XC, lots of climbing, looking for a 15-30 mile ride...
Thank you for any suggestions!
Cheers,
Alex

·
Registered
714 Posts
Where in Encinitas? La Costa is close. Not sure if it's the XC you're looking for though. You can make as many laps as you'd like to get your mileage up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't have to be in Encinitas I wouldn't mind a 30 min drive if it's worth it...
Thanks Gouda!

·
Banned
2,666 Posts
Daley Ranch near Escondido can get you into the 20-ish mile range. Lots of climbing options.

Daley Ranch

Add another 24 minutes into your drive time and you can ride San Juan trail in Orange County. 6 mile climb to kick things off.

San Juan Trail

I think you need an "Adventure Pass" to park at the SJT trailhead. You can get a day pass for $5, and here is where you can buy them (in "City & Local" pull down menu select Encinitas):
Region 5 - Recreation Passes & Permits

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Like suggested above check out mtn bill's site
... lots of climbing, looking for a 15-30 mile ride...
Not the mileage you are looking for but Elfin forest has climbing and if you ride down to Lake Hodges and back up it has a lot of climb.

Lake Hodges is one of the flattest rides around but combining Bernardo peak with Raptor Ridge (mule hill) is a good grind.

Daley ranch will have your mileage and climbs, climb stanley, cardiac, drop to the bottom of cougar ridge and back, climb boulder loop.

La Costa is closest to you and its a series of 1 mi ups and downs, if you go up the trail you came down and down the trail you came up you can maybe get 15 miles out of it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, thank you everybody! MTB Bills site is a great resource...
I think I'll go and check out Daley Ranch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts