Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on trails for the latter part of this week and weekend in the Thomas/Davis area. MTB or gravel. 8/26-8/30

How have the trails been? Looks like there's some on and off rain coming this week, but is the dirt rideable? If the singletrack is too wet, we could do gravel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those trails are always wet and muddy. You won't hurt anything by riding there when wet. Except maybe your bike or yourself.:)
Yup, figured that out the hard way! Tons of fun, but my shins are pockmarked with pedal impressions.

I did ride the trails off of Camp 70, and about 1/3 of the ride was basically riding through streams that replaced the trail. Running into random boulders underwater made it all the more interesting.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
589 Posts
Leaving this afternoon for an 8 day stay in Canaan Valley.
Really looking forward to riding Plantation and Moon Rocks again. :)

Edited to add: Currently, Plantation Trail is getting really rutted from erosion. The trail can best decribed a "raw" and challenging.

Promised Land Trail at Canaan Valley is new and worth checking out. Its a machine built loop that offers lots of flow and jump-lines. Ridden in either direction is a lot of fun, though i preferred clockwise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
931 Posts
Leaving this afternoon for an 8 day stay in Canaan Valley.
Really looking forward to riding Plantation and Moon Rocks again. :)

Edited to add: Currently, Plantation Trail is getting really rutted from erosion. The trail can best decribed a "raw" and challenging.

Promised Land Trail at Canaan Valley is new and worth checking out. Its a machine built loop that offers lots of flow and jump-lines. Ridden in either direction is a lot of fun, though i preferred clockwise.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Other great trails: Thomas Park trails are OUTSTANDING with an inner loop of machin built flow trails. The outer loop is more regionally fashioned but more rideable. There is only about 5-6 miles of total trail but made in a way that doing it all 2x if FUN and takes a LONG time.

Check out the Firebreak trails and Gasline near Canaan loop Road. It's technical as hell but beautiful. Again, don't focus on miles as the riding is slow and challenging. A 10 mile ride on those trails is a burger earner despite limited altitude change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts