Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I worked an account in Prescott, and decided to drive down the 89 to Phoenix rather than take the 17 (too many Bike Week idiots and Friday Senior Sedona drivers). It has been a few years since I took this route and was thinking how beautiful this area is.

Are there any trails out that way? Even two track would be kind of nice for a sweet pretty ride with some brews in the pack! I need to find out who owns the non private land out there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't know of much ST out there. There is some interesting country to the west of Yarnell in the Weaver Mtns. The best access is from the road between Hillside and Congress though so it is a bit out of the way.

Coming from Prescott just past Kirkland Jct. there is a road to the left with a big white sign saying Maughan Ranches. That goes down to Walnut Grove, Wagoner and eventually to Crown King. There are some pretty cool, rugged and remote trails and jeep roads out there. Look on the Prescott NF maps and the National Geographic Bradshaw Mountains Maps. If you have questions about specific trails I might be able to help you. You will likely be making the only bike tracks out there in months. It is beautiful rugged country.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you head east out of town towards the Stanton and octave area around rich hill you can find lots if jeep roads at the bottom of the long downhill road. You can even tie them in to Wickenburg if you map it right. Some of the mining claims are still active and the prospectors are jerks but they shoot after questions instead of before thankfully!

Edit : on mobile with crap 3g or if get specific roads sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.