Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
You should consider joining the Appalachian Mountain Bike Club based in Knoxville. They host rides and other social events as well as construct and maintain mountain bike trails in the area.

Also, you should check out the Knoxville Cycling Forums.

Here are few a Knoxville area trails, you should check with AMBC for others: Big Foot Park (trails and dirt jumps), Haw Ridge, Concord Park, I.C. King Park. You can find details for the trails here!

·
Registered
117 Posts
you should also check out the northeast tennessee mountain bike association's website (ntmba.org). they have a lot of info on rides around the tri-city area. i live in memphis now, but i grew up in elizabethton. i still check this website out regularly for info on east tennessee.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I too recommend checking out ntmba.org, my in-laws are in Rogersville and when I visit I head up to Kingsport to ride Warriors Path State Park. I love that trail system and highly recommend hitting it, you can spend an hour or a day there. That trail system is one of the reasons I agree to visit the in-laws!! There is also Bays Mt in Kingsport and ETSU trails and Buffalo Mtn in Johnson City. I think there are trails in Greeneville which isn't too far from morristown, but I have not ridden there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
warriors path is awesome. i try to ride there whenever i visit my family. the etsu trails on campus are great. they even have a dual slalom/mountaincross/4x type course. i just heard that milligan college is forming a mountain bike team, like lees mcrae and etsu have. both of those schools built trails on campus, so i am hoping milligan will, as milligan is 2 miles from the parents' house! i am headed back to east tennessee next weekend, but i am hoping for snow at beech or sugar mountain. i went snowboarding over thanksgiving at sugar and the conditions were great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Warriors is great ride. We rode it back in 98 before they completed some of the trails they have now and it was fun back then. The improvements are awesome.

Also, I really like Tsali in NC, we go there at least once a year for a 3 - 4 day camping/biking/rafting trip. It's a blast and with the campground right at the trailhead it makes it nice to ride out of camp and back. Definitely recommend Tsali.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.