Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm kinda new to this forum but was wondering if we could get a decent map thread happening with some directions to trails around Sydney. I thought i might get it started off with one of my local small trails. Its in Mosman and runs around Taronga Zoo and Bradleys Head. Some good trail sections with a few stairs in the tight technical areas. It runs along the foreshore of the harbour and has some awesome views.

Heres a map:

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
O.K folks, we need to feed this fella some trails pronto! :D

I think Ben has a group ride lined up already, but after spending a year in Tassie this boy needs all the help he can get. Can anyone hook him up with some bunch rides, trails and riding buddies??

Welcome to the boards man. You realise your about stuffed now - you won't escape! :p

Dave.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Blue mountains has plenty of trails i am told.i have only done the oaks trail which can be accessed by train.A google search might help.The royal national park south of sydney has a dedicated mtb trail system and direction's can be accessed off the NPWS web site.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Theres a book available from most good bike shops. It costs around 15 bucks, and 'sydneys' best trails with deitaled directions and maps.

mwmtb.com is a good club, they hold a couple of social rides that are always good fun:)

Without buying the book, bikeaddiction.com.au will have one or two maps of some sydney trails, and they will also be able to hook you up with that book mentioned above.:)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Blue Mountains. For the tracks you cant go past www.thefathippy.com (also the site that launched a 1000 DIY lights). If you come across a link that mentions tinsel DONT CLICK - you have been warned.

Manly Dam. Find Manly Vale Public School in your favourite street directory, find the track that heads out from the back of the car park then follow your nose (or the next group of riders that goes through you wont have to wait too long on the weekends or after work/school). Take note of the signs and don't ride where it says not too.

Oxford Falls/Red Hill. See Bike Addiction website

For a bit further a feild there's a few directions on Hugh Flower's new shop website http://www.citybikedepot.com.au

And come along on a MWMTB ride (here's a bit of fun from a ride a couple of months ago http://singlespeed.smugmug.com/gallery/834857)

·
Closeburn
22 Posts
yes needs help

whataboutben said:
Hey guys

I'm kinda new to this forum but was wondering if we could get a decent map thread happening with some directions to trails around Sydney. I thought i might get it started off with one of my local small trails. Its in Mosman and runs around Taronga Zoo and Bradleys Head. Some good trail sections with a few stairs in the tight technical areas. It runs along the foreshore of the harbour and has some awesome views.

Yes the other guys are right !
Manly Dam to get you out of Mosman, if you need specifics see Brad at Bike Addiction Bike Shop Manly. Then move on to Oxford Falls and Red Hill...........see Brad he will sort you out.

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
Tinsel...... dude I looked all over but did not see a tinsel link anywhere!

I have family that lives near the Norman Lindsey Gallery and I just ride around on the fire trails. Next time I go I will do one of the fathippy fellas rides. Thanks for sharing the link.

·
Registered
43 Posts
alchemist said:
Manly Dam. Find Manly Vale Public School in your favourite street directory, find the track that heads out from the back of the car park then follow your nose (or the next group of riders that goes through you wont have to wait too long on the weekends or after work/school). Take note of the signs and don't ride where it says not too.
Cheers for those directions.

Quick question though - what is the difficulty of these trails and are they easy to tackle for a begginer?

Getting to this trail would be too easy - bike ride to ferry wharf, get off at Manly and afterwards cool down at the beach :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no worries everyone, i got a book of trails from the bike shop today for 15 bucks. Has heaps of Sydney and Blue Mountain trails too. Good buy by the looks of it...

·
ADIDAB
578 Posts
whataboutben said:
Hey guys

Heres a map:

Don't forget about Yellowmundee which is the Western Sydney MTB club local venue. Details are at www.wsmtb.com.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.