Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've only really hit the Ridgeline trail in Eugene. We've explored every trail in the area we could find including that steep downhill section that goes off the main trail not far from the gravel parking lot.

Now we're looking for something new. Maybe something longer but with not much more climbing. We're not really ready for lots of long extended climbs.

Our outings usually last around 3 hours so we ride a lot of the same parts of Ridgeline in one trip. We will be using one vehicle so a loop would be nice but not mandatory. We could just turn around and ride back.

We're based in Eugene so we'd prefer nothing too far. We've considered heading to the Oakridge area, North Umpqua Trail (maybe the Mott loop), and McKenzie. Any suggestions on what would be good for us? We'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Lots of good trails around Oakridge.

Check out the Disciples of Dirt site and e-list for suggestions and people to ride with (link in my signature).

Also, there is a intermediate ride scheduled in Oakridge on Sunday (May 1).
Meet at the Trailhead Coffee House @ 9:00AM.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
dissonance said:
We've only really hit the Ridgeline trail in Eugene. We've explored every trail in the area we could find including that steep downhill section that goes off the main trail not far from the gravel parking lot.

Now we're looking for something new. Maybe something longer but with not much more climbing. We're not really ready for lots of long extended climbs.

Our outings usually last around 3 hours so we ride a lot of the same parts of Ridgeline in one trip. We will be using one vehicle so a loop would be nice but not mandatory. We could just turn around and ride back.

We're based in Eugene so we'd prefer nothing too far. We've considered heading to the Oakridge area, North Umpqua Trail (maybe the Mott loop), and McKenzie. Any suggestions on what would be good for us? We'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Shiggy's right, Oakridge has great riding for folks of all avilities. Flat Creek, or lower sections of the Middle Fork trail would be perfect. There is a bike shop in Oakridge called Mountain Mercantile, and The Trailhead Cafe in Oakridge. Both can give you info on good trails, and they both sell great maps. This weekend is the tree planting festival, and our pal Allen is hosting a MTB ride. Shiggy said Sunday at 9am. You would get a tour of one of the local trails, and could get lotsa info from the other riders there.

Check out the DOD webpage, linked in my signature. Our MTB club has over 200 members, some die hard endurance racers, and some mellow recreational riders. You would find some folks to show you plenty of trails out here. I've been exploring the local trails for 3.5 years now, and still find plenty of good ones.
Finally, starting in Mid may, I'll be hosting a Monday night ride on the ridgeline trail, if you want to some out and meet some other locals in the evening. I'll be posting info on the DOD yahoogroups message board (linked form the DOD.org page)
Goodluck, and have fun on our awseome trails.

·
just like a speeder-bike
329 Posts
Deschutes River Trail

I know it's a little far, but if you can make it to Bend I can't recommend the Deschutes River Trail highly enough for beginners. You can ride all the way from Sunriver to Bend (about 13-14 miles), following amazing scenery (gnarly waterfalls, lava flows, etc), all on a flowing gem of a begginer trail. ZERO extended climbs. Ok, there's a few scattered rocky parts but they're very few in number and all walkable. For a real treat, arrange a car shuttle and ride from the Benham Falls parking lot (near sunriver) to the Deschutes Brewery! (17 miles).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.