Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any trails within 15 miles of little rock besides CARP/Camp Rob, Burns Park and Allsop Park?

what about granite heights park? any other suggestions?

camp robinson is closed this weekend and burns park is super muddy....

·
Registered
240 Posts
there is Dunn Hill and Cadron settlement in Conway, they are both rather short and a bit farther than 15 miles.

Dunn Hill is not very fun, it is super rocky and really poorly marked/maintained.

Cadron Settlement is fairly nice but also rather short compared to Camp Robinson.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll check out Cadron... rode allsop park today - no mud there. it served as a reminder why i havent ridden allsop park in over 5 years. allsop park is mountain biking minus flow, singletrack, views, exposure or much technicality. its all up or all down and the downs arent fun enough to make up the long climb. i wont be riding there again until i forget how much i dont like it. leave allsop for the dog walkers.

i'd love to get a group together to fix the trails at burns park so that they drain better. with some well thought out re-routing burns park could be a reasonable alternative to camp robinson. i hope this weekend is the last hunting weekend at camp rob for a long time.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I only rode Allsop once and didn't like it, it wasn't a bad experiance but it also wasn't good so I figured I would stick to CARP which is a really nice place to ride.

Burns is ok but usually muddy and I don't care for the horses being able to poop right where I ride. I just don't see the humor of a face full of poo to interrupt a nice ride.

Cadron is fairly nice, it is similar to some parts of the CARP system but fairly short. If you go into Cadron enter the trails to the left of the road across from the parking. There will be a gravel path for walkers that you can go up and you will see a place to go off to the left from the walking trail to get onto the MTB loop. That loop will take you back to the parking lot that you started at. The end of the loop is the best part of that trail because there is a very small rock garden followed by a series of small hills and valleys that flow really nice.

After you ride the loop ride your bike down the road that you came in on and to the right you will see a sandy area with a sign saying something about land for sell. Take off on that trailhead at the for sell sign and you can ride a ridge line for a bit. There will be signs saying the property is posted on this trail but the owners don't mind bicyclist. They put those signs up for the 4-wheelers and dirt bikes that kids ride. They won't mind mountain bike use. Anyway that is a longer climb and at the top you can turn around and come back down which is kind of fun. I like to ride down the power line trails into that neighborhood before backtracking to the trailhead again.

To get to Cadron from the LR area get off on the last Conway exit right there at MarketPlace Grill and go left on HW64/Harkrider. Then go right at light by the Wal-Mart and IHOP. Go right again on HW64 which is right past a Popeyes. Then go left on HW319 which is right past a metal sculptor place but before the bridge. Turn into the park at the end of 319 and you will be able to hit the trails from the parking lot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Section 13?

Has anyone attempted to ride out at Section 13 (off Garrison Rd) lately? I haven't been out there for several years, since before they built the park. The trails weren't that great to begin with, but I assume that now they are completely overgrown or have become ATV trails.

·
Registered
420 Posts
speed_bump said:
Has anyone attempted to ride out at Section 13 (off Garrison Rd) lately? I haven't been out there for several years, since before they built the park. The trails weren't that great to begin with, but I assume that now they are completely overgrown or have become ATV trails.
I haven't been out there for years myself, but from what I've heard all development stopped, and what progress had been made when the powers that be failed to heed the warnings that ATVs would destroy bike trails and so the obvious happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.