Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be in Highlands this week for biz. I dont see any trails listed in the reviews for this town. Any recommendations?

If there isnt any local trails then i can hit some N. Ga trails on the way up

·
Why Me
120 Posts
Trails In Highlands

Actually there are 7 mtb trails in highlands area nothing over 8 miles however. Check with ranger station for directions, the trails are realitivly new and not maped well or listed anywhere except the mountain biking in North Carolina National Forest pamplet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trails in highlands

there are lots of places to ride in the highlands area. they are not like tsali (thank goodness). they are mostly hard to describe as they are shorter stuff that you connect with dirt roads or old fire roads. i have been living in the franklin area for 12 years and know lots of trails. what level rider are you? we are doing a ride out of Clayton on monday december 26th which will last about 4 hours or so. pretty fast pace more like sport level not expert although some will be faster. we will be meeting at the waffle house in clayton at 9:30 am. let me know if you want to ride and we'll look for you. also on wednesday nights we ride at coweeta lab which is on 441 just south of franklin. start is at 6:00 and we ride about 8 miles uphill then turn around for the bomb down just a short evening ride which could be longer if desired. bring lights for that one. contact me and i'll give you my phone #.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rey said:
I'm gonna be in Highlands this week for biz. I dont see any trails listed in the reviews for this town. Any recommendations?

thx for the replies folks. actually this time it was all work and no play, except for a short clamber up bartram trail using my feet, of all things!

I'll check in on the next sojourn up that way. a month or so away

rey

·
Registered
8 Posts
rey said:

the trails around here are not cataloged very well. i would be happy to take you out on wednesday night for a night ride and we will be riding monday - tomorrow - too. let me know if you would like go.

monday we will meet at the waffle house in clayton, ga which is just 10 miles south of the nc/ga line on us441 at 9:30 am.

you can also stop by the bike shop in franklin which is on 441 just south of franklin, nc for local trail info.

they will be able to tell you about the wed. night ride. i have extra lights if you need one. we do a 6 mile climb and then return the same route. it is an old unimproved road which makes for some nice night time riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.