Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone clue me in about the additional singletrack trails above Tamarancho ? If you don't want to post here please PM me... I've been doing lots of loops but would like to branch out a little now.... getting a little bored with the same loop !!

THANKS

·
gimme friction
1,141 Posts
I'm not sure if it qualifies, because it is not really 'above' Tamarancho, but the trails between Loma Alta and the B-17 extension are fun. The singletrack is not very long, but they do provide a little diversion from the standard climb up Iron Springs to Alchemist.

I'm sure you already know about that stuff, tho'...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Taking the left up the B-17 extension (if riding the loop clockwise) up and out of Tamarancho property and dopping down White's hill trail under the SFD bridge to the fire road to Glenn Dr. is the only "legal" alternate route that has singletrack...wide singletrack at that. Not technical either, but it's a fun variation to the loop nontheless.

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
velocipus said:
It was Velocipus, with the Single Speed, on the Wagon Wheel Trail....Oh yeah, I win!!!

Well it really was Colonel Mustard, with the Revolver, in the Kitchen (last nights game of Clue with my daughters):D

Ok I now return you to our regular scheduled programming.......

OD

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Tamarancho to Pine Mtn and other options

velocipus said:
Clue:
Like most other singletrack on Mt. Tam that is not part of Tamarancho, it is illegal to ride.
Taking the B-17 Extention to White's Hill Fire Road, you can hit Porcupine (lots of fun berms to hit) down to Sir Francis Drake.

You can also take B-17 Ext and take White's Hill FR in the other direction (uphill) to San Geronimo Fire Road, which will take you to Repack, the Pine Mountain Loop, or even across Bolinas-Fairfax road towards Mt Tam or Deer Park.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK - people I retract my original question.

velocipus said:
o.k... i edited from "all" to most...is that better?
Thanks for no help at all. I know what I was asking and it wasn't like I was asking for the address' of little kids to kidnap or something.... And I also said PM me the info if you don't feel comfortable posting it... I'm no moron... but ok - I'll go away.:rolleyes:

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,845 Posts
slide mon said:
zorg said:
Do you two realize that you've ridden together before (see proof below)? Now behave, kiss and make up... err... well, behave.
Hey JC, I remember that day well. I particularly remember the dude on the orange rigid single speed. That guy could ride.

So, which one is Velocipus?

-slide
Funny Slide

-Dude on Orange SS

·
Paper or plastic?
10,743 Posts
slide mon said:
zorg said:
Do you two realize that you've ridden together before (see proof below)? Now behave, kiss and make up... err... well, behave.
Hey JC, I remember that day well. I particularly remember the dude on the orange rigid single speed. That guy could ride.

So, which one is Velocipus?

-slide
He would be the dude on the orange single speed. :)

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,845 Posts
slide mon said:
Hey, sorry, that comment wasn't meant for you, realized later that quoting you probably would lead it to be misread. Going back to edit now... Sorry about that.

-slide
No sweat homie. I wasn't sure if it was for me or not, but it did make me realize that I was spreading mis-information with my comment.

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,845 Posts
zorg said:

It's all good zorg...

Slide and I are on the same page.

We both agree that discussion of illegal trails on the forum is poor etiquette and just plain wrong...

I kinda figured he `was addressing someone else, but I did make a false statement. Slide's comment prompted me to edit my statement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.