Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's really cool. I hope this type of service expands. I don't live close enough to utilize it, but maybe one day the other transit agencies will get on board.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are the racks on the smaller buses thy use for trailhead access actually different than the ones they use on standard metro buses? My 29er fits fine in those (but it's a XC rig with 2.25" tires, so YMMV)

In any case, the only MTB trailhead these specifically access is Sunset way in Issaquah, and you can get there on a regular 554...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a short ride to Raging and Ollalie from NB P & R. I did this many time last year. Yes the rack were different, very old school. The 554 only runs once an hour on weekend mornings. The ride to Sunset from the Issy P & R is easy.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
This is good to know, my wife and I are down to one car and I rarely get it on the weekends anymore :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here's another idea. If you ride with anyone who lives east of Lk. Washington, you can bus across the lake and then carpool.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Reading about the recent breakins at RR I wonder if any n'er do wells will utilize the trail bus to get from camp to work and back.

·
I should be out riding
1,859 Posts
It's a short ride to Raging and Ollalie from NB P & R. I did this many time last year. Yes the rack were different, very old school. The 554 only runs once an hour on weekend mornings. The ride to Sunset from the Issy P & R is easy.
the ride to Raging will be much shorter once the Tennant trailhead park connection is done in NB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts