Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i am in the market for a new bike. I kind of Narrowed it down to two bikes:
norco optic c2 2021 XT Build
and
Privateer 141

i tested the norco in xl, which was pretty big (too big for me), but it felt very stable and nice even on alpine descents.

there is no chance to test ride the privateer though.

I ride a lot more mellow trails and also rides with 1000MOA+, several bike park weekends per year (usually flow trails to some gnarly trails, nothing to wild though).

i think price is ok for both. The norco would cost me 1000euros more, but it would be carbon (not so important for me) and complete XT (also minor importance).

I would expect the norco to be more fun and agile while the privateer would probably be more capable in the rough, based on the amount of travel and the slight differences in geometry.

Any thought on the decision? Even though it is hard with no one having experience with the privateer.

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are two of the best out there now. Can’t go wrong with either.

This is what I thought, yes ;)

I only wonder if the Privateer will give me significant benefits in rougher terrain or bike parks. I am fully convinced, the limit wouldn't be the bike in the case of the optic. But as a not perfectly skilled rider, I ask myself if I should get a bit more travel to bail me out from time to time.

Other than that, I like the Optic more. At the moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts