Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Trek Fuel EX 7
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of the trail we have built so far.

This is a jump to trellis to teeter totter down to roll out ramp.


Curved jump.


Log drop.


Couple small jumps.



Work in progress going to be trellis to log ride.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Looks great! I've been looking at trying to build something like your curved jump. I was hoping you might be able to give me some tips on how to do that. Or some pictures of it from the back as to how it's joined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Having built the thing....its a pain in the ass. However its probably the most fun jump we've put up on that trail so far.

When in doubt pound a couple more nails into the POS. That was the build philosophy.
 

·
beer thief
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
trivers said:
Here are some pictures of the trail we have built so far.

This is a jump to trellis to teeter totter down to roll out ramp.
What's with that leg 'supporting' the first ramp? you need a solid, continuous leg from ground to the bottom of the log, preferably with some diagonal bracing. Build it right the first time!

That curved jump looks fun.
 

·
Terrain Sculptor
Joined
·
4,692 Posts
radair said:
What's with that leg 'supporting' the first ramp? you need a solid, continuous leg from ground to the bottom of the log, preferably with some diagonal bracing. Build it right the first time!

That curved jump looks fun.
It looks like the tree is still rooted somewhat. I'll bet the 2X is just to keep it from bobbing. Not perfect construction but not as bad as it looks at first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
pbbreath said:
****.

Its private land and its not like it hurts them.
:lol:
:thumbsup:

****.
Mountain bikers are not the only group to peruse this site and others like it...anti MTB advocacy groups use materail on these sites to fuel their campaign against MTB. Unfortunately pictures like the one above get used by these groups to prop up their arguement to local/state governments that MTB should be restricted or even prohibited; they skillfully neglect to disclose that the picture may have been taken on "private land". Google Mike Vandeman and check out what this lunatic has to say about MTB; he regularly uses pics from MTB websites to fuel his cause...he used a pic from one of the trails I maintain to sway officials.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
I'm currently building trails in East-Hereford in southern Quebec. This is the 3rd year of the project and we're adding 30km of singletrack to the 45km of double track already existing. This year, we're working with a mini-x (Bobcat 425). Following training by Ben Blitch in June, here's a few pictures of the trail we're currently working on.















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
htpride said:
Nailing into live trees....:nono:
That tree isn't live, even if it was, the don't live very long laying on their side branchless. Looks to me like it's a wind fall that was put to better use than it just rotting there.
 

·
Custom User Title
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
TrikeKid said:
That tree isn't live, even if it was, the don't live very long laying on their side branchless. Looks to me like it's a wind fall that was put to better use than it just rotting there.
I believe he was refering to the "work in progress" the ladder supports are attached to the trees. The problem with this is the fact that trees grow and move in the wind. IMBA and common sense states that you should not attach man made structures to a living tree, or something like that.

As for the "dead fall" someday the stump will rot and the structure will then be susceptable to collapse.

Looks like a lot of fun. I wish we could do something like that at my locals. We are heavilly restrained by the land managers fear of being sued.
 

·
Terrain Sculptor
Joined
·
4,692 Posts
coldsteele said:
As for the "dead fall" someday the stump will rot and the structure will then be susceptable to collapse.
I bet the structure on top rots before the stump does.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top