Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'll be partaking, have seats available if anyone wants to group for ride there and back. Leaving from La Mesa, PM to save a spot. 3 seats 4 if people get all snuggly.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I'll be there.

I don't see the other post so here are the details. If we get enough people out we could get close to finishing this off!

Sat April 19, 9:00 A.M., Penny Pines Parking Area
Directions: I-8 East, exit Sunrise Highway, north to mile marker 27.3.

Join SDMBA as we continue building the re-route on upper Noble Canyon Trail. We are 3/4 done and can finish if enough volunteers show up. Meet at Penny Pines at 9:00-9:15 am, we'll carpool to the work location on Pine Creek Road. All tools & training will be provided (after signing a waiver). Please bring your own food & water, eye protection is required; gloves, long sleeves & pants are highly recommended (dress appropriately for the weather). We’ll work to 2-3pm, afterward we’ll hand out some swag from Calcoast Bicycles & refreshments from Lagunitas Brewing Company.

Reminder: SDMBA will be giving away Niner One9 frame once the re-route is completed so, be sure to fill out a waiver!

Please R.S.V.P. to [email protected].

Directions: Interstate 8 east to the Sunrise Highway (S1) exit, north to mile marker 27.3, Penny Pines parking area (upper Noble Canyon Trail Head). A Forest Adventure Pass is no longer required at Penny Pines.

·
29er Hater
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11 volunteers put in 5.5 hours of hard labor under perfect working conditions to finish the re-route (way to go, guys!). It is not open to the public yet, we want it to bake a little longer. We’ll have one more event to decommission & rehab the old section of trail & open up the re-route (date TBD). I would like to thank Cal Coast Bicycles for their endless support, Lagunitas for their beer and new sponsor Shimano.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
A few pics I took on Saturday

Before, approaching the turn:

After, the turn:

Before, the switchback/berm:

After, completed switchback

The ranger wanted the re-route extra twisty-turny to control speed but we convinced him for the most part to mellow out the turns in the interest of flow and sustainability, knowing how people will ride the trail. So it will be interesting to see how it beds in once opened. Lots of soft dirt so it definitely needs to see some rain before opened, to harden. This will be a great addition to the trail. Can't wait to ride it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Here's a few I took

A couple of the seemingly never ending manzanita stumps
WP_20140419_004.jpg

WP_20140419_001.jpg

entrance to the final berm
WP_20140419_010.jpg

the rock placement discussion, part 1
WP_20140419_009.jpg

finished
WP_20140419_011.jpg

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
38,007 Posts
Very cool and great job everyone involved. Yeti_Rider takes one for the team.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts