Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be having a trail work day on May 14th at the Backbone. If there are any locals who can make it the help would be greatly appreciated. Post here and let us know if you plan to come and aren't already on the Mountain High Trail Association mailing list. Need to have a general idea of the number of people so we can let the county know. Time will be 9am-2pm, but show up early for free coffee, juice, bagels, and donuts. Volunteers will need to bring lunch/snacks, work gloves, water, sunscreen, etc. Breakfast will be provided by Mountain High Cyclery. Tools will be provided by the county. We will work on the middle section of trail, so there will be a couple miles of hiking involved.

Larry Mettler
Mountain High Cyclery

·
Registered
23 Posts
Will Squeek be there?

I'll be there if that hottie doctor Squeeky Wheel will be. Last time he weaseled out on us and chose to ride while were were hiking out.....shame on you Squeek. :p

·
climb
2,293 Posts
El Beastro,

I would like to help, but on that day, I'll be 535 miles from the Backbone :rolleyes:

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Friendly bump back to the top as a reminder. Trails are likely going to be wet on Saturday, good excuse to get out and help maintain a great trail system.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm In

Sean, Jamie, Larry. I'll be there for a couple of hours. This is Brandon by the way. See you then. I'm done with college and will be riding a lot from now on!

·
Registered
914 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
OK, but bring your avatar :D
haha aright. hey for all your fort collins locals, i just wanna say im sorry ive been a real ass at times on here...ive had a couple of bad days and im realizing its pretty f*cked up to leave all the guys like you to do all the trail work.

once again im sorry

-Ben

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Reminder

Just a reminder....the County has asked us to carpool to the trailhead so we don't take up all the parking spaces on a busy Saturday. You can be guaranteed tomorrow will be busy with hikers and bikers since it rained for 2 days this week. Folks typically get the itch to get out after a couple cloudy days. So, let's all meet at Mountain High Cyclery at 8am and we'll take 1 or 2 trucks to the trailhead around 8:15am. If you are coming late or have to leave early, then obviously drive yourself and park at the trailhead.

C-Ya tomorrow......breakfast munchies and drinks will be provided.

Everyone will need to bring their own lunch, snacks, water, clothing, gloves, sunscreen, hammocks, etc.. Tools will be provided.

--Beast

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Thanks everyone for the successful trail day!!

THANKS to everyone who showed up:

Bruce (NCGR - Northern Colorado Grassroots Racing)
Brandon
Chad
Dave
Dave H (NCGR)
Eric (NCGR)
Jamie
Jason Z "Master of the Mcloud".
Joe
Joel
Kevin
Larry
Mark
Matt
Rob
Ron
Sean
Steve
Susan
Tammy
Tristan

Did I forget anyone? If I did, PM me and I'll edit my list.

Special Thanks go out to the boys from Northern Colorado Grassroots Racing (http://www.fccycleclub.org/ncg/). Bruce, Dave, and Eric. Eric even drove down all the way from Frisco. When you guys have your trail work days at Horsetooth Mountain Park, let me know and I'll rally what MHTA support I can for your events.

We got a lot of positive trail work done as well as completed one of our mandatory 3 trail days before MHTA gets it's trail adoption sign. Here are some pics:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.