Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rod Olson and the Angels Camp local boys (plus me) are going to be doing some major trail work at New Melones at the end of the month... looks like April 30th and possible May 1st also. The Rangers are going to pay for a tractor with a mower and at least one weed hog to fight back the horrendous weeds/ thistle on the sides of the trail. I'm not certain what the plan is for poison oak but we will be doing something.

Please come and join us, I will update this thread as the plans are changed. Anyone who wants to come out to help is welcome.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This Saturday!

0gre said:
Rod Olson and the Angels Camp local boys (plus me) are going to be doing some major trail work at New Melones at the end of the month... looks like April 30th and possible May 1st also. The Rangers are going to pay for a tractor with a mower and at least one weed hog to fight back the horrendous weeds/ thistle on the sides of the trail. I'm not certain what the plan is for poison oak but we will be doing something.

Please come and join us, I will update this thread as the plans are changed. Anyone who wants to come out to help is welcome.
New Melones trail work is this Saturday. I know there are a goodly number of folks on this list who ride there. I'm not certain exactally what time they are starting but I'll update the this post tomorrow after I talk to Rod (Probably around 10 or 11AM). If you can't work you can show up with some beer and do the post work toast and ride the cleaned up trails.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Final Plans

The trail work at Glory Hole starts Saturday (April 30th) at 9:30 AM. We will probably be there working for about 4 hours then do a post clean up ride. The Park is providing 8 weed eaters and they will also have a lawn mowing tractor. It would be nice to be able to at least man all of the weed eaters and get a few people to rake the grass off the trail and relieve the guys weilding the weed eaters. So far I think there are about 6 people coming.

We will also have a pot luck BBQ and a post cleanup ride. I'm bringing polish sausage and some Dr. Pepper along myself and a rakers or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts