Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trail users have talked and Boulder County is listening. We will be reworking the zig zags between the Rock Garden and Antelope this Saturday morning from 9-1. Just ride in. Boulder county will have tools, etc. Hopefully we can get most of it banged out this weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152413871543352&set=vb.31031888351&type=2&theater¬if_t=like

I did a video walk thru of our work on the new section of trail. Hope you enjoy!
Can't say how much I appreciate the effort, especially on this section, good on 'ya! Nice choice for a new line.

Sorry, I cannot not be a smart-ass: it's nice to see a line going in in BC that isn't wheelchair spec'd. I feel bad for not paying attention and missing the chance to actively make the kind of trail I want to ride.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,901 Posts
The section shown will be joined to the current trail near the Antelope intersection in May I believe... priority after this is apparently Waipiti over in Heil ranch, looks like the South end will be opening earlier than anticipated.

Thanks for the work, I would have been there if not for plans made 2 months prior to the event...

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We'll have a few more events for this trail. I'll do my best to keep everyone posted. I like it better and it's much more in character for the Bitterbrush trail. It'll be smoothed out and fast at first but it'll wear in like everything else.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I just finished riding Hall this morning and noticed they have a section of the Nelson Loop flagged as well (down near the old ranch house). Please tell me they're not going to re-route the trail where the flags are... that would be a horrible waste of time, effort, and not to mention it's a really bad design on a short section of trail that doesn't need the work.

Knowing Boulder County, I tend to think they're re-routing that section to slow people down before they go up the other respective side.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BoCo OS will be hosting National Trails Day on the Nelson Loop at Hall. That'll be Sat, June 7. Hopefully we'll see you out there, smmokan. I'm not sure ultimately what the plan is, but I do know that those with tool in hand ultimately have the final say.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.