Work leader: Andy Hegenderfer 916-729-3690
[email protected]
Sponsored by: Mad Cat Bicycles
Bring: sturdy shoes / boots, gloves, water bottle

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Bump up

This is tomorrow morning. These trails don't fix themselves. A lot of us use and abuse the Granite Bay trails.
If you posted up in this thread complaining about FATRAC's work last year
YOU NEED TO BE THERE!!!!

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
winchboy said:
Good day working on the GB trail. Biggest turn out Ive ever seen for trail work, hope this alleviates some of the trail erosion.
Officially 56 of us.
Probably over 60 bodies out on the trail itself.

Not to beat a dead horse. But as a anonimous FATRAC member put it, "56 Volunteers, and 0 TBF people, that sums it up".

·
Registered
86 Posts
What work was done?

I'm a realtivly new rider that's been exploring out there. What parts of the trail were worked on and is it protocol for people to stay off for a while?

Thanks for the work and hope to be out there to pitch in next time.

·
Ride it 'til it breaks
122 Posts
We did a lot of water diversion near Twin Rocks road. A lot on the center trail up to the benches and some on the outer trail in the same direction.

If it looks like new dirt, choose the alternate route if there is one. After the rain this week it should be good.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
JulioBTLL said:
I'm a realtivly new rider that's been exploring out there. What parts of the trail were worked on and is it protocol for people to stay off for a while?

Thanks for the work and hope to be out there to pitch in next time.
The area of work was the hill near the intersection of trails near Twin Rocks.
Most of the work was concentrated on "Over the Top" trail as it had the worst rutting.

No need to stay off, the idea was to leave the trail "ready" to ride!

-A

·
hilarious
210 Posts
TBF was represented

Ciclistagonzo said:
Officially 56 of us.
Probably over 60 bodies out on the trail itself.

Not to beat a dead horse. But as a anonimous FATRAC member put it, "56 Volunteers, and 0 TBF people, that sums it up".
My BF was there. He's a TBF person. So -- whatever you're trying to sum up -- you did it wrong. Next time try talking to more people.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
With the upcoming rain next week, looks like the MTB Kickstart race is going to be a mess once again. Hopefully the TBF folks will NOT force the trail into that little ravine/stream they always seem to do. There's a perfectly usable roundabout trail.

Here's the area in question:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=38.762484,-121.13151&num=1&t=h&sll=37.66882,-122.080796&sspn=0.141382,0.256119&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=38.762429,-121.131123&spn=0.003576,0.008256&z=18

In the map, it shows water. But the water level is so low now that a trail has been run through the green marker is. Each time you go through the stream that builds up there, its drive-train-death. Pretty please route AROUND this on the trails that are evident on the map. mmkay thanks. NO, its NOT fun to ride through the water. NO.

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
Finally got out to these trails today. I rode counter clock-wise on the right most trail, running around the perimeter of the hill. I saw the water diversion work that was done on that trail, and by the way things looked I could see how all the water from the previous day's storm had run off well.

After messing around on the trails near the back parking lot I went back up the hill to the benches. From there I went down the Center trail. Near the bottom of the hill I discovered he extensive work done on the ruts that have been there for a while. The ruts are pretty much gone now at the bottom of the hill, lots of water diversion grading, but the trail now seems a bit wider where the work was done. I had gotten used to the ruts and had figured out the rythym to ride them smooth, now I have to rethink this run. Not a bad change at all, just different, and good if it makes for better water control and less erosion.

Thanks again to those who made it out that work day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.