Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

If a club were to spend $$ on swag exclusively for trail work volunteers, what would you prefer:

• T-Shirt

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Long Sleeve T

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Custom Beer Glass (Emblem of the club)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • hats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Share in Comments

Votes: 0 0.0%

Trail Volunteer Swag

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mtnbkrmike 
#1 ·
We try to get people stoked by have trail day swag. But we also want to spend money on something people like.

#2 ·
Where in Ohio are your trail days?

If you're trying to get new people to come out, free work gloves might help.

Or rather than swag people would expect to get every time they show up, have a year-end raffle where they get tickets for each trail day they attend. The more they show, the better their chances. You could probably get local bike shops to provide prizes. You could also sell tickets to raise funds for your club, but I would weight the ticket price/free tickets for working so trail volunteers have the best odds.

#3 ·
I am highly motivated by good food at a work session (pulled pork, pizza, stew...). 😋
But, yes, I have heard of people getting submitted to a year-end raffle for each trail day.
Prizes are usually food, beer, swag, or gift cards (bike shop or otherwise), and does not have to be a formal event - it can be done at the final work day of the season.
The parks do a year-end recognition event, where the volunteer with the most hours gets something, as well as multiple raffle winners pick from a prize table.

-F

#8 ·
I bet you guys are going to HATE these, but I would be super stoked to get any one of the following (maybe they are too $$$):
  1. Yeti coffee cup with trail association name on it.
  2. Apple AirTag engraved with trail association name.
  3. Bear spray with bottle cage holster.
  4. Timber Bell with trail association name on it.
  5. Bag of locally roasted coffee beans.
  6. 6 pack of locally brewed small batch craft ales.
  7. LifeStraw water filter.
  8. TOGS!
  9. Quality bike lube.
  10. Multi-tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.