Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the impression that mtn-biking is alot more popular everywhere else but where i ride.
I have yet to see another biker this year and i ride 2-3 times a week.
I was riding today thinking it would be nice to see another biker every once in awhile.I do know i'm the only local that mtn-bikes but only live 1 1/2 hrs west of D.C.
The trails here are endless and many to choose from and since the couple of riders i did ride with years ago moved on to bigger and better things"city life" i feel like the forestry department is doing trail maint. for me only.
Does anyone else ride for months without seeing another rider?

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
I normally don't see anyone for long periods either.

However, on the weekend when I was out in the bush, I came round a corner going pretty hard, and almost smacked into a guy on his mtnbike coming the other way.

I thought that I was ok to pick up my pace again after avoiding him narrowly, but almost nailed his girlfriend too a few minutes later who was coming along the trail behind him.

Two riders in the one day on "my" singletrack was just too much of a shock for me...I had to go home and have a lie down... :)

R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.