Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

Has anyone come up with a good helmet mount alternative to applying the velcro strip directly to the helmet? My new helmet is so vented that it makes it difficult to find a nice balanced place for the light to sit. Ideally I'd like to use a velcro strap and mounting plate ala Niterider and other companies. Before I start on a one-off mounting block, has anyone come across anything off-the-shelf, or another solution?

Thanks...

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks msxtr.

Maybe I should clarify -- I'm looking for an alternative helmet mounting solution for my Trail Tech light system. Trail Tech HID owners will know what I'm talking about I think.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
I bought a Performance ViewPoint helmet mount out of the bargin bin for a couple of bucks that I'm planning to mod for the TrailTech. My buddy did the same thing for his with a VistaLite mount. Also the Topeak Moonshine mount should work as well. The only trick to this is figuring a way to mount the light head to the mount itself. Here's a link to my local forums where some options are discussed:

http://trianglemtb.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7701.0

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sorry, I don't own a TrailTech, but I used this mount with my Viewpoint and it works well. It says it also works with trailTechs. The mount is spaced at 1"-
BatterySpace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts