Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have much experience with using a trail shock like a monarch, or ctd on the delirium? I'm looking to stiffen up the middle of the stroke for trail riding, and then just swap it out for a ccdb for shuttle and chairlift days.

I'm pretty sure this will help on the climbs, and I'm willing to sacrifice some plushness on harder hits, but my question is if it will be burly enough. Could someone with more experience weigh in?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My Delirium came with an RP23, and I didnt like the way it rode. Swapped it for a CCDB coil. Why not a CCDBA CS and just leave it at that?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I do this with my Delirium. I have a vivid coil for DH days, and a Pushed Monarch RT-AM for trail riding. It definitely helps the climbs - less weight, my tune has wider LSC damping range for better pedaling. It's not quite as plush on the downs, but the downs also don't require as much plushness. The air shock is a bit more playful too, so that makes it fun as well.

If I had to do it again, I think I'd just get one shock with a wide enough range to handle all scenarios by fiddling with knobs rather than swapping the shock. Either way works though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts