Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was planning to ride Mt Falcon tonight, but my friend said he heard there was some sizeable trail running club meeting at the upper lot at 5pm, running down, then back up.
Anyone know anything about this?
Better change my destination if so!!

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Don't know about tonight....but, I did share the trail with a running club one evening in '06, stopping several times, for 5+ minutes on the way down.
certainly changes the experience.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Organized events make it hard.

However, some of these runners are fast up AND DOWN than the average bike rider. One guy made it bottom to the first picnic table in 22 minutes. I chatted with him as the rest of the 25 members came up, then I went down. Later, found him in the parking lot at the bottom, he posted a 12 minute DH.

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IndecentExposure said:
However, some of these runners are fast up AND DOWN than the average bike rider.
Are you calling me average?!? Thanks for the compliment :D
I think the problem would be it sounds like they'll be headed the opposite direction and starting from the top, so possibly passing us going the other way on our way up AND on our way down. And if they're all spread out - may not be worth the trouble!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.