Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
everyone must breathe
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MTBR-ers in the East Bay Area.

Im coming to visit the 'rents this weekend in Walnut Creek. I want to find out where there's some good riding near Mount Diablo / Shell Ridge area.
I actually grew up in the area, but last time I rode out there a few years back, all of our old trails had been closed or grated smooth. (its a crime, I know)

Is there any singletrack left out there?

Can anyone recomed a good route up up Mt. Diablo via shell ridge. I'd love find some more technical single track. I know its not hard to find climbing in that area, but i'd like to get off the fire-roads if possible.

any pointers or advice would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
curtissg said:
Hello MTBR-ers in the East Bay Area.

Im coming to visit the 'rents this weekend in Walnut Creek. I want to find out where there's some good riding near Mount Diablo / Shell Ridge area.
I actually grew up in the area, but last time I rode out there a few years back, all of our old trails had been closed or grated smooth. (its a crime, I know)

Is there any singletrack left out there?

Can anyone recomed a good route up up Mt. Diablo via shell ridge. I'd love find some more technical single track. I know its not hard to find climbing in that area, but i'd like to get off the fire-roads if possible.

any pointers or advice would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Got GPS?

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=19606&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=1125550
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=19606&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=1015560
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=19606&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=1318142

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think it's hard for someone to post any type of poaching directions on a public forum for fear of retribution from The Man.

There are trails galore out there. I've seen them. Half the fun is finding them. The other half is not being caught.

Have fun, say hi to the 'Rents for me,

jps

Attachments

·
everyone must breathe
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gotcha

its unfortunate that CA hates mountain bikers so much.:confused:

can't we all just get along?

thanks for the response, jps. Those are some sweet photos.

Maybe i'll bring my lights......

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
curtissg said:
its unfortunate that CA hates mountain bikers so much.:confused:

can't we all just get along?

thanks for the response, jps. Those are some sweet photos.

Maybe i'll bring my lights......
Definately bring the lights. We've been known to do a night ride or 2. Unfortunately, I will probably not be free for a night ride this weekend.

There is some legal singletrack on Mt. Diablo.

If you have a GPS, you can load the .GPX files from links on Motion Based for the rides and follow the tracks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.