Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Pleasanton, would like to know the best trails in a 25 mi radius. Probably includes oakland, berkeley, concord, pleasant hill, hayward, fremont, san leandro, etc.

basically east bay..
good for noobs?

Also, i want to try some singletrack, but everywhere i go it says "singletrack closed to bikes"

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,463 Posts
Joachim Miller park in Oakland has some good singletrack.

Head north to where 680 connects with 80 and you are close to Rockville Park. This may be just outside of your 25 mile radius.

If you are willing to cross a bridge, China Camp in Marin or Skeggs on the Peninsula are quite good.

·
Aaron
107 Posts
Pleasanton ridge is the obvious backyard choice for you. I've also ridden from Pleasanton out to Del Valle Regional Park - there is actually some single track there.

Also watch the board for posted rides at Mt Diablo and Briones. Dan usually sets the Briones rides on Tuesday nights.

·
HammerHead
290 Posts
There is a legal single track in Pleasanton Ridge off Bay Leaf trail (Sindbad Creek trail), look for multipurpose trail sign just before the creek. There are 6-7 miles of single track in lake Del Valle from the Arroyo road staging after the big hill climb. single track wraps around the lake. There are multiple single tracks in Mount Diablo, you can enter from Green valley Road in Danville, but you need to do a bit of climbing (1600') before you can get to the single tracks.
You can also ride in Sunol Regional park of Calaveras road, but there are no legal single tracks there.
Another area is Morgan Territory that is close to Pleasanton.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, where is the single track in Pleasanton Ridge?
Before i got into mountain biking, we hiked there a few times a year..

We went up the Golden Eagle entrance, and all the way up to the top. Then what?
Thanks if you can point me into the right direction!

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
taikuodo said:
Hey, where is the single track in Pleasanton Ridge?
Before i got into mountain biking, we hiked there a few times a year..

We went up the Golden Eagle entrance, and all the way up to the top. Then what?
Thanks if you can point me into the right direction!
Here's the map: http://www.ebparks.org/resources/pdf/trails/pleas_ridge_map.pdf

The trail is between points 22 and 23.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.