Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the singletrack trail(s) across the gravel/fireroad from Sawtooth is? Names, links to info, maps, would be great. I couldn't find anything at all through google.

My bf and I went out to Tahoe a few weekends ago. Our intention was to ride the Sawtooth Trail, out - loop - and back. I guess during the return of the loop portion, we must have continued on a different singletrack by accident. It was real sweepy and had little berms everywhere. It may have been a dirt bike trail, we noticed all the no motorcycle signs on the Sawtooth, but didn't see any on this trail. We did see a ton of dirt bikers in the area, especially staging at the end of the trail. Luckily, we saw a ton of other mtn bikers on the same trail who told us which way to go. We ended out on the gravel road across from the Sawtooth trailhead parking lot, and maybe 100 yards down? Screwed up the Sawtooth trail ride, but this trail was even better.

·
go fast, pull up
57 Posts
Trail across from Sawtooth parking

You accidentally took Smiley Face back to the parking lot. It crosses the Sawtooth trail near a fireroad and is easy to pick up by accident. If you followed that trail the other way, it takes you to a portion of the Northstar trail system. From there you can take either Two Bridges :thumbsup: or Two Beavers and a Bear up to another fireroad. (There are signs with names and arrows) Go down about 100 yards and across a bridge and you'll find the Schaffer Creek trail which takes you to the backside of Northstar.
IMO these trails are much more fun than the Sawtooth if you are in the area again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.