Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put together a very accurate trail map for Told McDonald park. Any chance anyone would know trail names. I have the map off of Dirtworld.com but they are not all readable. I have also acquired other maps but still the same problem. The map I've put together includes all trails including the south west corner. The map is true to form, thanks to GPS and photos from space. I would like to make it available upon completion. You can e-mail me at [email protected]
 

·
semi-evolved simian
Joined
·
330 Posts
Wrenchhead said:
I've put together a very accurate trail map for Told McDonald park. Any chance anyone would know trail names. I have the map off of Dirtworld.com but they are not all readable. I have also acquired other maps but still the same problem. The map I've put together includes all trails including the south west corner. The map is true to form, thanks to GPS and photos from space. I would like to make it available upon completion. You can e-mail me at [email protected]
Check out this one:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ianmrae/tolt_map.gif
 

·
semi-evolved simian
Joined
·
330 Posts
switch said:
what's the date of creation for that map? it looks very accurate and like it has most of the newer trails already incorportated into it.
Dunno dude, I just stumbled across it on the web and made sure to save me a copy :)
 

·
semi-evolved simian
Joined
·
330 Posts
Wrenchhead said:
I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy
Well damn, that's a great map!! Thanks! Are you able to overlay the trails onto a topo map ? I'd love to see that too :D
 

·
Drinkin' Buddy
Joined
·
155 Posts
Wanring...

That map is very much not to scale. I have a topo map with trails maked on it that I will try to either scan and post or find where on the web I found it and link to it. I think it has less trails marked, but with that map and the tope map, one could make some ejikated guesses as to where the newer trails are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blowout said:
That map is very much not to scale. .

This map is modeled from the topo.

I share my map and you complain. Do you get lost in when you're in the park? Use the map and if doesn't help you find your way, then complain. I know this park and I never get lost. It's posible I missed a trail, nobodys perfect but there are more trails on this map than any other availible.

I'll even give you the topo. Take it out and use it, compare it and then tell me I'm wrong.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Wrenchhead said:
This map is modeled from the topo.

I share my map and you complain. Do you get lost in when you're in the park? Use the map and if doesn't help you find your way, then complain. I know this park and I never get lost. It's posible I missed a trail, nobodys perfect but there are more trails on this map than any other availible.

I'll even give you the topo. Take it out and use it, compare it and then tell me I'm wrong.
"If I throw a dog a bone, I don't wanna know if it tastes good or not!" - Bricktop :D
 

·
Drinkin' Buddy
Joined
·
155 Posts
Many apologies

Wrenchhead said:
This map is modeled from the topo.

I share my map and you complain. Do you get lost in when you're in the park? Use the map and if doesn't help you find your way, then complain. I know this park and I never get lost. It's posible I missed a trail, nobodys perfect but there are more trails on this map than any other availible.

I'll even give you the topo. Take it out and use it, compare it and then tell me I'm wrong.
Wrenchhead-
Sorry about that, I had a map that looked very similar to yours when I first went out to Tolt several years ago and it was out of scale. The topo map is the one that I was going to try to post tonight. Thanks for the great map. I meant no offense, I was merely mistaken.
Kyle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
MikkyD Map

Wrenchhead said:
I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy
That's a great map. Good work. I think there might be a trail north of the water tower called "Fern World" or something like that. Doesn't really matter though. Thankx for sharing!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top