Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I need some help to find the trail maps of those places.
We went there this weekend and tried to followed the maps what we have in Mel's ride guide book,but not too much success.
Saturday we got lost BIG TIME at kolapore uplands,somehow we picked up the Bruce trail,then gravel roads...paved roads....:eek:
But!!!
Those places are Awesome!!:D That thight,twisty descend at 3 stage is amazing.:)
I'm planning to put together the two places for a full day epic ride...
I think that would be our greatest challenge yet,but I just fell in love with those trails.
So if anybody has some info about detailed trail maps pls help.
Thank's
Oh: sorry about my broken English:)

·
Looking for Adventure
1,060 Posts
I was looking for the same thing in recent years, but only one place may have some available. Check in at the bike store called "Kamikaze bike shop" in Collingwood. They are the only ones that may still maintain trail maps for the public. However, they are still hesitant to offer maps to just anyone.

Next time, bring a GPS with you. Only way to find your way out, as those trails are truly epic

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Ricksom said:
I was looking for the same thing in recent years, but only one place may have some available. Check in at the bike store called "Kamikaze bike shop" in Collingwood. They are the only ones that may still maintain trail maps for the public. However, they are still hesitant to offer maps to just anyone.

Next time, bring a GPS with you. Only way to find your way out, as those trails are truly epic
I'd give Kris a call at Kamikaze (705-446-1234) to see what he has...Kolapore maps are still in print (but show only a few trails)...the guy that used to make the 3-Stage trail maps doesn't anymore.

Wasaga Beach park office has a map of Pretty River PP (3-Stage) on their wall, you can drop in and take a look, but it shows only a couple of trails as well.

Squire John's used to have some maps as well, but none of them show all of the stuff.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's guys!
I've been at that bike shop:no success..
As you mentioned those trails are epic,but would be a lot more fun to ride without the "weight" of the "getting really-really Lost" :)
I think we have to look for a local group ride,or clinic..
The only problem is;our ride day is Sunday...
Most of the time...
My wife and I are progressing intermediate riders,we can handle the technical trails of Buckwallow [actually that place is one of our favourite:D ],Don Valley is our midweek ride,and we love the fast flowing system of Hydro cut.
So if anybody like to ride us around,just let us know...
I think we'll go back this Sunday anyway!!:D
Ohh.I almost forgot:
Nobody knows better the sweetest trails than a local rider...

·
Registered
23 Posts
rocks'r'friends said:
I believe that you can get a Kolapore map at the Kolapore general store, at least I did a couple years ago.
I think it's called the Ravenna general store which pretty much is the town of Ravenna. It's on Grey Rd. 2 about 5 - 10 minutes north from the Kolopore parking lot (past Grey Rd. 19). They used to sell them years a go and if you are up there it's worth checking to see if they still have them. As a bonus they make good homemade fudge that you can bring on the ride with you.

Enjoy the ride.:D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Damone said:
I think it's called the Ravenna general store which pretty much is the town of Ravenna. It's on Grey Rd. 2 about 5 - 10 minutes north from the Kolopore parking lot (past Grey Rd. 19). They used to sell them years a go and if you are up there it's worth checking to see if they still have them.
That's where we got our map a year or two ago. Best solution however is a GPS, if you're into adventuring, you'll be guaranteed to find the way home. Just make sure you have a spare set of batteries :thumbsup:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK!
I try to do my best,but you have to double check on a map too.
Soooo:
From Hwy 26 make a right at Sixth street.
Go to Olser Bluff rd (hwy19) and turn Left.It'll take you up to the escarpment.
At the 2nd line make a Left,it is a rough road,but keep going to the dead end.
If I remember well it is the intersection of 2nd and 6th lines,but I'm not sure:rolleyes:
Good luck and have fun!!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Missed this thread but in case anyone else is wondering, Kolapore maps are available locally at the Ravenna General store (as mentioned above) as well as Little Ed's and the Georgian Triangle Tourist Association office both in Collingwood.

They are completely up to date, show all of the singletrack, and constitute one of the main source of funds for the trails. By all means use GPS download maps if you like, but by buying your own copy of the paper map you are showing your support for the Kolapore trails. Plus, I thought GPS reception is reduced under a thick canopy.... the paper map will never let you down!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.