Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commute to work through the woods.
Before I moved it was on a rail trail through the woods for 7.5 fun miles.

When my job moved 25 miles away I packed up and moved too.
I now have a very easy 1.2 mile commute through the woods to my job on a trail.
It is not a rail trail.
It is up and down a steep hill in the woods.
But "someone" has made a path
Put in 2 bridges and cleared the brush.
over the winter one railroad tie bridge collasped and I had to walk on rocks to ford the stream.
A tree fell blocking the path and I had to hike around it

Then, 2 weeks ago, like magic TRAIL MAINTENANCE! Again the bridges work and the big tree across the path is gone and the trail is passable easily.

Who to thank??????

Well on Tuesday I met Mr. trail maintenance as he was working in the driveway on his bike. He had 3 more bikes in the garage. He said he fixed up the trail and the bridges and the fallen tree as the path is for him a shortcut to the mall! (he had a skinny tire bikes but rides them in the woods...)

I said, well I work in an office building next to the mall and this is my commute - thanks!

I would like to give him a small thank-you present for the improvement to the trail situation

any ideas?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good ideas

hill_climber said:
beer is good...

gift certificate to LBS...

how about a nice trail sign with his name on it...
I will get him a $25 gift cert to the LBS -thanks!

beer would work for me but I don't know him well enough

the trail sign - I am very uncreative but will keep this in mind...that would be neat!

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Cookies!

mbrmegan said:
I commute to work through the woods.
Before I moved it was on a rail trail through the woods for 7.5 fun miles.

When my job moved 25 miles away I packed up and moved too.
I now have a very easy 1.2 mile commute through the woods to my job on a trail.
It is not a rail trail.
It is up and down a steep hill in the woods.
But "someone" has made a path
Put in 2 bridges and cleared the brush.
over the winter one railroad tie bridge collasped and I had to walk on rocks to ford the stream.
A tree fell blocking the path and I had to hike around it

Then, 2 weeks ago, like magic TRAIL MAINTENANCE! Again the bridges work and the big tree across the path is gone and the trail is passable easily.

Who to thank??????

Well on Tuesday I met Mr. trail maintenance as he was working in the driveway on his bike. He had 3 more bikes in the garage. He said he fixed up the trail and the bridges and the fallen tree as the path is for him a shortcut to the mall! (he had a skinny tire bikes but rides them in the woods...)

I said, well I work in an office building next to the mall and this is my commute - thanks!

I would like to give him a small thank-you present for the improvement to the trail situation

any ideas?
home made cookies. Everyone likes cookies.

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.