Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about ready to give night riding a try since its now officially hot. Does any one have a favorite light? Is it worth it to spend 250 bucks on one? Im going to ride 1-2 nights a week and Im not looking to set any records out there. Any advise is appreciated!

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,619 Posts
Where do you usualy ride? I need to start doing some night rides my self so if you want depending on what area you live in you can borrow one ov my lights to give it a shot before droping some coin on something you might not like.

·
Registered
272 Posts
http://www.dinottelighting.com/Products.htm

Although I have a Light and Motion HID light, I've been using the DiNotte almost exclusively. I will helmet mount it if I'm riding off-road and bar mount when on the street. Flexible and light weight. 3 different brightness options. I already had rechargeable AA batteries so it was a good option. I know of two others with the same lighting system who also use it regularly.

·
mad aussie
1,128 Posts
MiNewt X2 is a great light, lts small, compact and produces a lot of light for its size. I would suggest going helmet mount as it has a pretty narrow beam. It makes a great commuter light for the street as well. If I was using it as a primary light I would spend the extra 35 dollars for the X2 dual as its one of the best light for the dollar combinations.
MTBR had a great light shootout/comparison.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/category/lights-shootout/

Well worth reading.

Kevin

·
Occidental Tourist
3,564 Posts
the sleeper light

A second on the Dinotte 200L. I have a L&M HID and I use and the Dinotte on the trail and it works just as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AzSpeedfreek said:
Where do you usualy ride? I need to start doing some night rides my self so if you want depending on what area you live in you can borrow one ov my lights to give it a shot before droping some coin on something you might not like.
Thanks for offering a loaner light! I live at Scottsdale and Shea and I work in the Desert Ridge area so I ride anywhere close. T100, Cave Creek park, McDowell. I just moved to Phoenix a couple months ago, so Im still exploring where to go. If you want to get out there let me know.

·
Registered
216 Posts
empty_set said:
http://www.dinottelighting.com/Products.htm

Although I have a Light and Motion HID light, I've been using the DiNotte almost exclusively. I will helmet mount it if I'm riding off-road and bar mount when on the street. Flexible and light weight. 3 different brightness options. I already had rechargeable AA batteries so it was a good option. I know of two others with the same lighting system who also use it regularly.
Another Dinotte fan. These lights rock!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.