Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I kept reading that the Trail king 2.4 UST was available in US with black chili, but the 2.2 was not. After being unavalable for a few weeks just got a pair Of 2.2 UST that are labled "Handmade in Germany" and box says Black Chili. It was a nice suprise.

Just an FYI

·
Registered
406 Posts
That is the UST weight. The non-UST came in around 650 IIRC. These weight were according to the shop scale so YMMV. For comparison purposes, the Specialized Butcher Control i thought I wanted was 815 grams, which is more than I expected (so I went with the TK UST).

·
Registered
710 Posts
Talked with Universal when they first showed them in stock. Answer from them was yes these are Black Chili (agrees with the Conti Part Number)

-Shane

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
How are you guys finding the rolling resistance? I'm using a DHF 2.35 now which is about the same width. Corners fantastic but would like a lil' less rolling resistance for climbing.

Have FUN!

G

·
Registered
308 Posts
How are you guys finding the rolling resistance? I'm using a DHF 2.35 now which is about the same width. Corners fantastic but would like a lil' less rolling resistance for climbing.
Never ran a DHF and am running the TK 2.2 only in the rear. In comparison to Specialized Eskar 2.35 or Schwalbe Muddy Mary 2.35 it has definitely way less rolling resistance, but more rolling resistance than a Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4. Out of all these tires for rear use, the TK 2.2 is my favorite. It is truly an allround all-year-round tire with super traction in almost all conditions and lasts quite a bit longer in comparison to the other tires. But not my first choice for front use...my current favorite for the front is Specialized Clutch Control (head to head with the Muddy Mary).

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes run mine with Stan flows. Haven't had any issues in the first month if riding. I am running around 26 psi. I met someone who runs this combo at 18psi! I am scared to go there but it is a testament to the stability of wide flow rims with ust tires. I did accidentally run mine at 20psi for a 25 mile ride without problems, felt great - just feel I am tempting fate that low.
I do seem to loose a few psi each week

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes run mine with Stan flows. Haven't had any issues in the first month if riding. I am running around 26 psi. I met someone who runs this combo at 18psi! I am scared to go there but it is a testament to the stability of wide flow rims with ust tires. I did accidentally run mine at 20psi for a 25 mile ride without problems, felt great - just feel I am tempting fate that low.
I do seem to loose a few psi each week
Great thanks for the feedbck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i'm using a RQ 2.4 UST front and 2.2 UST rear (box stated both BC. Though the 2.4 is German made, but the 2.2 is Taiwan made..) on the American Classic All mountain wheels (Tubeless ready). Abit nervous on the front when ride hard and cornering.... didnt have that feel when i had the minion DHFs on...which was total confidence.... kinda miss the minions....hmmm....

Anyway, would like to check with u guys if air leak is part and puzzle in going tubeless ready wheels and tyres? my 2.4 RQ is leaking 15psi within 3-4days... and my 2.2 RQ can hold for a month...
first time using UST tyres...so...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.