• Bergen Peak (Evergreen)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Deer Creek (Littleton)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matthews Winters (Golden)

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Mt. Falcon (Morrison)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mt. Falcon with Bear Creek to Lair of the Bear (Morrison)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • White Ranch (Golden)

Votes: 6 25.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An mtbr buddy is staying a day in Denver on his way to FFTF. He wants to check out some front range trails on Monday afternoon.

So I ask you riders, If you had just one ride to do in Denver, which would it be? I think he'd enjoy any of these trails on this poll, but there's a lot to consider ... the type of riding ... the trail's fun factor ... the whole Colorado experience ... So, knowing these trails as you do, if you had just one day in town to ride one, which would it be?

Thanks for your help! :)

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
I think both Falcon and White Ranch are similar and are great places to ride, but it seems to me that WR dries out more quickly...it is more south facing, it seems to have less dense trees, and it seems rockier.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I'm thinking that WR has more trails to ride, but, in my opinion you just cant beat Bergen Peak.
Have fun Monday, wish I wasn't working.
I am heading down to FFTF on Wednesday.

BTW: What's your bike's name?

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
FrontRanger said:
SanDan, you didn't happen to commute to work in the tech center today did you?
Yes, I did.
North on Dayton to Belleview, west to Ulster North to Oracle.

Edit:
Were you on a bike or in a car? I ride that route almost every day. I didn't notice anyone else going to work on a bike this morning though there seemed to a LOT more kids riding than usual.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
sandan said:
Yes, I did.
North on Dayton to Belleview, west to Ulster North to Oracle.

Edit:
Were you on a bike or in a car? I ride that route almost every day. I didn't notice anyone else going to work on a bike this morning though there seemed to a LOT more kids riding than usual.
I was about 50 yrds behind you. I saw the white bike and thought it might be you. Just as I was about to catch you, you turned right at the light.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
FrontRanger said:
I was about 50 yrds behind you. I saw the white bike and thought it might be you. Just as I was about to catch you, you turned right at the light.
Sometimes I'll take the right on Yosemite if I miss that light going straight on Belleview. Then it's up the small hill to Union take a left and bomb down to DTC ( I try to get at least 30mph.) then up that small hill to Ulster.
Do you usually ride or drive and what time do hit Dayton and Orchard or Belleview?

·
pinhead
15 Posts
Your buddy can't go wrong with any of those rides...

I'm a fan of Matthew Winters...

I always get a kick watching rush hour traffic on C470 on top of Dakota Ridge and on 6th AVE on my way back into the City on a weekday afternoon. And afterwards, you can introduce your friend to The Morrison Inn for some cold margs.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FiftyTwoEighty said:
I'm a fan of Matthew Winters...

I always get a kick watching rush hour traffic on C470 on top of Dakota Ridge and on 6th AVE on my way back into the City on a weekday afternoon. And afterwards, you can introduce your friend to The Morrison Inn for some cold margs.
The Morrison Inn is an excellent idea. Thank you 5280. And with this #$&%!ing weather, we'll be lucky if MW is dry by then. God dammit I'm sick of this rain.

PS to Sandan: Her name is Arwen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.