Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Helmets that fit similar to Bell helmets, for that head shape?

My LBS only has Bell and Giro in stock to try on. My head definitely fits better in the Bells. I've only ever had Bells. The medium Bell Sixer fits pretty perfect, but would like to look at other brands, but don't know which will fit similar.

Bonus points if you've tried several, and can comment on which has the best airflow. It's hot.

TIA

·
Registered
663 Posts
My previous helmet was a Bell and current is a Smith. They both have similar fit to MY head if that helps. I didn't care for the fit of the Giro lids I tried, same for POC but I only tried one of those.

The Smith Rover I have now has some of, if not the best airflow of any helmet according to multiple reviews. Heading into my second summer with it, that's been my experience as well.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I like the concept Smith is going with.

I was also checking out the Kali Interceptor. Anyone tried the Interceptor, and the Bell Sixer and could compare fit? Ventilation looks stellar on it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Have the interceptor. It's more of a round head helmet, not oval like the bells (have a super dh). Get a slight hotspot on forehead after a couple of hours. Just realized I can snap out the side cable guides/retainer clips. Am going to try that to see how it fits on longer rides.
I was between the interceptor and the specialized trail lid (can't remember name rn) and kind of wish I had waited for the local shop to get the specialized in this spring.

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
Try Troy Lee Designs. I have a mixture of Bell, Giro and TLD helmets and they all fit well. The TLD A1 is exceptionally comfortable... I haven't tried the A2 but I would expect it to be the same. The Bell Super DH is also really comfy on me, but heavier, although the airflow is better than you'd think for such a chunky helmet. I have a Giro Disciple for lift assist days that fits well and also wear Giro ski helmets.

I always find it best to just order 6 or so different helmets and return the ones that don't make my head happy. That way you can try them on for half an hour at a time just sitting in your house or whatever to make sure there are no hot spots.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm in a medium Bell Sixer. Other helmets that fit my noggin well while shopping included the Smith Venture (was really interested in the Session, but none were to be found to try on), TLD A1/A2, Specialized, and Bontrager. In the end, the Sixer just gave me the coverage that I wanted with the least amount of bulk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.